PDA

View Full Version : redo of a tank

wuelfman
06/17/2006, 12:22 PM
looks like i am redoing my tank top to bottom
first changed the sump from a cracked 55 to a brand new 75 redid some of the plumping under the tank.
sent in my ampmaster to get the seal changed for the 5th time. dam sand :( well $170 later and still waiting for it.
rebuilt the part of canopy the other day took it off to to change over the lights from vho to t-5. part of was rotting do to salt spray (my dumb as.s didn't paint it 7 yrs ago:mad: ) so 2 days for fixing that then when all said and done the icecap had to be sent in for repairs too.
90 pounds of uncured live rock and 70 pounds of tonga branch curing in the garage.
was going to take out the live rock in the tank and "cook it" and add it back with the new rock.
now i am thinking to go all the way :eek1: ( get those dirty little minds out of the gutter :D) and removing the sand and going with the starboard.to much nutrients in the water i also would drill holes in the tank for the following holes for the closed loop and holes for the return. right now everything goes up and over in the tank and looks ugly.
anyone want to help do the following
1. remove sand
2. drill holes in acrylic ( i have never done this and want help)
any thoughts on this plan, any errors you see feel free to post
that's my rant thanks for the ear or eye i guess :rolleye1:

Aquarist Guru
06/21/2006, 09:53 AM
always willing to help but my help is more in the labor side as i don't pretend to even have enough experience to "guide" any of this.

I do have quite an array of tools due to my wood working hobby and am happy to bring any tools over for the job. Let me know.

830-7266 (Jarrod).