PDA

View Full Version : Ppm?

Donstuprich
06/10/2006, 09:41 PM
I know about the lady over on 58 by the road to torri, but where is PPM at? I would like to get some LR today and do a water change.

coralcat
06/10/2006, 10:06 PM
Seriously ? Parts Per Million

Donstuprich
06/10/2006, 10:13 PM
PPM is also LFS in Okinawa Japan. Hence the request for a location :)

vest0830
06/10/2006, 10:42 PM
1. they dont sell LR
2. they are out of water until the end of next week.

(I was there last night)

where is it at...ok, go out kadena gate 2, continue to go straight until you hit 329 (or maybe its 330) -im pretty sure its 329 though, anyways...once you hit that road, hang a left and go up the hill about 600yds, and its on your left. they are open from 3pm to 8pm.

vest0830
06/10/2006, 10:46 PM
ohh yeah, ask about there membership program. it entiles you to 30% off.

Donstuprich
06/10/2006, 10:54 PM
Nice! thanks, I'll go browse today then. Where is a good place to get LR?

vest0830
06/11/2006, 01:03 AM
either the ocean or the shop in naha.

jeffb3t
06/12/2006, 04:05 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7537741#post7537741 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by vest0830
1. they dont sell LR
2. they are out of water until the end of next week.

(I was there last night)

where is it at...ok, go out kadena gate 2, continue to go straight until you hit 329 (or maybe its 330) -im pretty sure its 329 though, anyways...once you hit that road, hang a left and go up the hill about 600yds, and its on your left. they are open from 3pm to 8pm.

That's because FD bought them out! BTW HIS TANK HAS WATER NOW!!!

OkiDivers
06/12/2006, 04:35 AM
It is 329!

jeffb3t
06/12/2006, 04:48 AM
Good catch!. I never saw that one.

Donstuprich
06/12/2006, 07:50 AM
To re-route this thread....

I went by Petbox to pick up two air wood stone blocks... or what ever you call it, and I noticed that their LR has been sucking lately. So I asked when they will be getting new LR in and they advised that there is a new law. They, nor anyone for that matter, is no longer allowed to take LR or any corals from the ocean. I am not going to back this up if someone knows otherwise, I heard it second hand, but is there any truth to this?

fdokinawa
06/12/2006, 08:25 AM
good thing im sitting on about 70 lds of LR then..

vest0830
06/12/2006, 04:56 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7544064#post7544064 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Donstuprich
So I asked when they will be getting new LR in and they advised that there is a new law. They, nor anyone for that matter, is no longer allowed to take LR or any corals from the ocean. I am not going to back this up if someone knows otherwise, I heard it second hand, but is there any truth to this?

The pet box is also the same store who sent me home with my first tank, 2 fish, the most retarded rock on earth, some fresh water gravel/sand and told me to use tap water for my mixing. (all on the same day) the pet box is the absolute last place I turn for advise.

-on another note, there are directions to the shop in Naha around here somewhere. Its a little difficult to explain, but they have (or had a few weeks ago) plenty of LR. Arika just picked some up I believe. PPM should be able to help you out water wise, but LR, they dont have. As you will see when you go in there, they make there own rock.

Donstuprich
06/12/2006, 05:30 PM
cool. I figured they didn't know what they were talking about, but I thought there might be some truth. Hope I would not have to go on some midnight LR ninja runs.

TPS-Dive
06/13/2006, 04:57 AM
I was diving at Maeda a week ago and seen a local diver come up with his BC loaded with LR. My dive buddy couldn't understand why he was unloading all that rock into buckets in his car. I know there is a law you can't take anything out of the ocean on scuba.

jeffb3t
06/13/2006, 04:59 AM
To tell you the truth, I don't really think anyone cares as long as it isn't broken off the reef. I would get it from a remote place though.

Dastank
06/13/2006, 06:01 AM
The signs around Maeda warn that it is a protected area and you can even take sand from the beach. (in Japanese)

jasalmanza
06/13/2006, 06:44 AM
All very true...

-While on SCUBA, hands off (unless you're with me!!!;))
-Even the sand is protected at Meada (No reason to go there anyway, it's all dead for the most part)
-There are no "reef police", but keep in mind, if you continue to rape the same spot, and someone knows about it, someone will eventually blow the whistle on you. Being American doesn't help either. I had my van towed at Kadena North and the only think I can think of is because I had the only Y plate. (Good frag party story!, I'll save it until then)
-jeffb3t said it best: get it from a remote spot. Peace of mind is everything. The only thing I have ever paid for is a couple of fish (that I can not catch) and some zoos from PPM.

I don't really like Petbox either: their advise is hit or miss, and the Guyjin factor does come in play. With that being said, they would be privy to new local information that we might not necessarily get. I dont think some floor rep would be too concerned about Petbox's sales report at the end of the night..., you know?!?!

jeffb3t
06/13/2006, 06:53 AM
Man, TPS, you posted right before I posted. With SCUBA, Don't collect, With out, No problem. No one with say anything to you. They will just look at you strange and think you are weird.

jeffb3t
06/13/2006, 07:00 AM
I have been told by my "family" that if anyone ask while I am collecting stuff near thier house just mention that I am collecting for a member of the Japanese fishing association (name withheld) He was the one who told me this but I wouldn't try it any other place other that where he lives