PDA

View Full Version : New Tank

DeLiBoY
06/09/2006, 10:16 AM
Well after searching for awhile I have finally agreed to purchase a 50G the is 36x18x18 that is drilled with an overflow box, with a custom stand, canopy, 4x95w VHO built into the canopy with an IceCap 660 balast (planning a T-5 Retro for it), 29G sump with baffles. All i need now is to decide on a Skimmer. I was thinking the ASM mini but would I need the G1? Or could someone recommend a skimmer for my tank. I pick it up tomorrow.

coralfarmer84
06/10/2006, 11:38 AM
I love my ASM and they are fairly cheap compared to other skimmers. If I were you I'd say go with one rated for more than your tank, I don't know what the G1 can handle but I'm sure you can find one cheap in the used equipment forum. I find lots of deals on there. Goodluck Ryan

STACKER
06/12/2006, 07:00 AM
In all honesty... for your 50 I'd seriously consider a Coralife Super. ASM's and Euros are killer but for 80 gal. the $150 Coralife would do a fine job. I know 3 or 4 who use 'em now and are happy as happy gets over their function and the price allows you to buy your t-5 hardware without blinking. Then again, if you have to have the ferrari, and jeep just wouldn't be flash enough.

I use PM skimmers myself because as a designer I subscribe top the same thinking their designer has. ...and beckets are so much cooler than run of the mill venturi's LOLOL