PDA

View Full Version : Hello Again - I'm still alive!

MrMonkeyFingers
06/08/2006, 12:36 AM
Just wanted to drop a quick note to say hello to everyone and sorry I haven't been online at all the last few months. Between life and work I haven't had ANY free time and any free time I've had I've been working on recording a CD for a friend. Every spare moment since april has been spent on this.

Looks like lots of new faces and still some old ones ;) Hopefully things are slowing down and I can get back on here.... so I haven't fallen off of the face of the earth yet!

Bdimas
06/08/2006, 08:30 AM
Hey Greg! Good to hear from you. Hopefully we'll see you at the next meeting.

mothra
06/08/2006, 08:31 AM
Greg! It's good to see you still around. You're one of the 'oldschool' nvreefers :)

When you say recording a CD, as in music? Do you have a studio?

Bryan! Don't EVER post 1 min before me again!! ;) I'm eating waffles, that's my excuse for not getting in first.

Bdimas
06/08/2006, 02:11 PM
Im always one step ahead! LOL!

tacocat
06/08/2006, 06:47 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7520036#post7520036 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by MrMonkeyFingers
Just wanted to drop a quick note to say hello to everyone and sorry I haven't been online at all the last few months. Between life and work I haven't had ANY free time and any free time I've had I've been working on recording a CD for a friend. Every spare moment since april has been spent on this.

Looks like lots of new faces and still some old ones ;) Hopefully things are slowing down and I can get back on here.... so I haven't fallen off of the face of the earth yet!

GO AWAY!

MrMonkeyFingers
06/08/2006, 07:11 PM
Nope I wish i had a studio :( But I have a 16 track digital recorder we record everything into and then push that over to the PC to do the final touches on it. It's been a big task because the guy who we are doing this for and who wrote all of the songs used to live in stockton but moved to LA and everyone who worked or played on the CD lives somewhere else. Everyone use to live here in stockton but the drummer and a guy who played guitar on some tracks live in seattle and the keyboard player lives in Sacramento so in april everyone either drove of flew to sacramento and we laid down most of the instrument tracks in sacramento at the keyboard player's house. Then we took a few weeks recording other parts and adding little things here and there. Then 2 weeks ago the guy from LA came up and we recorded his vocals. Now we are in the mixing stage, still have a few more parts to record but here is a rough rough mix of one song it doesn't have the new vocals yet just the tracking vocals we used as cues and it's not mixed at all but to give you an idea of what we are doing.

The song is called Nowhere (http://www.bzzt.com/nowhere/)

mothra
06/16/2006, 02:23 PM
Dang Greg... that is pretty cool. What is the name of the band?