PDA

View Full Version : Compatibility???

Johnny B.
05/11/2002, 02:00 PM
Hi everyone!

I have a 55 gallon tank with 4" LS, 45 lb LR, a penguin 330, and a berlin airlift protien skimmer. I was wondering if the following fish would be alright together. I am only contemplating right now, so any suggestions are welcome. I would like to have:

1 zebra lion
1 marroon clown
1 banana wrasse
1 coral beauty

Mad Scientist
05/11/2002, 03:33 PM
I would think that would be ok, just stock very slowly and pay attention to water quality as you are going to end up with a high bio-load. Also, don't add the CB untill the LR is doing well and he can graze.

Sounds like a cool tank.

EdKruzel
05/12/2002, 10:53 AM
Johnny B.

By a Zebra Lion, I hope you mean a dwarf species of the Dendrochirus genus.

A volitan, antennata, or radiata would out grow your tank in no time and feed on the others in the process.

I know the scientific name is Dendrochirus zebra but I have seen LFS use common names and call almost all lions zebra before.

Sounds like a great set-up.

No offense I hope? I just wanted to make sure.

Good Luck,
Ed

FMarini
05/12/2002, 04:12 PM
Hey;
i actually have the same question Ed does? if you mean a dwarf zebra lion, then no problem. Your tankmates look fine for this size tank. Should be nice active tank
frank

Johnny B.
05/12/2002, 05:24 PM
I mean the dwarf species of zebra lion. I have never heard of a volitan being called a zebra before. There is obviously a great difference .:eek1:

Could I put a condi anemone and a few mushrooms in there too, or would the fish pose problems?

FMarini
05/12/2002, 07:59 PM
Johnny:
Most LFSs uses what ever name they want for what ever fish, so we were just ensuring that you meant a dwarf species and NOT a unnamed or mis-named lionfish.
do you have high powered lighting? i ask becuz the anemones will require pristine water quality and high intensity lighting. As far as your fish, i would loose the lion is you get the anemone, as these fish often hide in the safety of dark areas and the anemone might also be there. Lions are poor swimmer (as you know) and i wouldn't trust a lion swimming in a small tank w/ one. The mushrooms should be fine.
my opinion
frank