PDA

View Full Version : Anyone up for a Panhandle Reef Club Meeting??

Mr James
06/04/2006, 01:50 PM
Who: Anyone who wants to attend, especially those in the Pensecola, Crestview, FWB, Navarre and surrounding areas.

What: I won't say the First Ever, so I may call it the Next Panhandle Reef Club Meeting.

When: Saturday, June 17, 2006
Time: 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. give or take...

Where: My home. My name is James Oleson (Yes, I do know Superman!!). 105 Mill Stone Cove, Crestview, FL 32539 (PM for home phone number).

Itinerary:
Meet-n-Greet for starters. We can figure out where we want the club to go in the future. Whether we do the full blown club with dues or simply meet at peoples' houses and pick a variety of topics to discuss. Frag swaps amongst ourselves and with neighboring clubs is always a good thing!!! Try your best come for a little bit and meet some fellow hobbyists.
I started and led a Reef Club in Fort Wayne and have some good ideas for topics and projects. I'd be more than happy to help arrange meetings, host them and arrange for field trips and frag swaps. Come with some ideas to help repopulate this area with an active club. My 180g system will be on display.

With the hurricane season upon us, it wouldn't hurt to have a few extra friends with extra space in their tanks and generators in their garages, in case of an emergency!!

noobtank
06/04/2006, 02:39 PM
im there

hooker18
06/07/2006, 09:14 AM
i'll be there

lizfrog007
06/08/2006, 12:19 PM
i would like to come also...can you give me a few directions....i am in defuniak and not too familar with crestview except on the main drag...
thanks liz

noobtank
06/08/2006, 09:12 PM
do you know how many people are coming superman?

Mr James
06/08/2006, 09:19 PM
Superman was Clark Kent. Jimmy Olson was the fumbling reporter/sidekick. I bet Jimmy got all the girls with that shy-boy act he put on!!

Lots of people said they wanted to come, but only you guys responded. Invite some people, this isn't only an RC event, this is for all. Give it time, it will grow. It usually starts out small and grows as more people hear about it.

Mr James
06/10/2006, 10:04 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7522296#post7522296 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by lizfrog007
i would like to come also...can you give me a few directions....i am in defuniak and not too familar with crestview except on the main drag...
thanks liz

I'll try to send them out this afternoon or tomorrow. You can Google or MapQuest my address too.

lizfrog007
06/10/2006, 10:29 AM
thanks i already did a mapquest....thanks.....

liz

hooker18
06/10/2006, 06:22 PM
i will also be bringing a friend from work. and im gonna bring a few extra frags with me.

noobtank
06/10/2006, 07:39 PM
i am trying to get my neighbor to go he has a 125. o btw besides frags does anyone have other random equipment they want to sell. i took down my 29 a month ago and now i regret it. i had zoos alveopora bunch of shrooms and some gsp. i wish i knew there was gonna be a club so soon. bu anyways im trying to piece together another tank and i need a cheapo hob filter for a quarantine tank. and maybe a retro t5 setup or ballast,

can't wait to see ya'll there.. keep us informed

Mr James
06/10/2006, 11:45 PM
I have lots of tanks, sumps, pumps, filters, lights, etc... You'll just have to see what I have.

Phildirt
06/11/2006, 08:05 AM
I'll try to make it. Thanks for the invite.

lizfrog007
06/13/2006, 09:14 AM
i would be intersted in some macro algae...like cheato or the like...look forward to meeting everyone.......

liz

Mr James
06/13/2006, 07:31 PM
Liz, if we cannot find any around here, I plan to order some from Npaden on the Livestock Sale Board. Just Cheato is one thing, but Cheato loaded with pods, worms and other little things is what I have in mind.

Is everyone set for Saturday?? If you need directions other than what I provided above, please PM me.

SueQ
06/13/2006, 09:27 PM
James-
I'm going to try to make it. My family flies into town in the early afternoon and there is usually last minute prep cleaning and such that we have to do.
Are you guys talking about doing a group order of CHaeto w/ pods?? If so, please count me in!
Suzi

Mr James
06/13/2006, 10:31 PM
Suz, I hope you can make it. You're the only one I know here!! Yeah, lets order the BIG Chaeto ball from him. I was going to order the $25 package, but if you guys wwant to split a bigger order, I'm in. He plans to make his next shipment on the 16th, next Monday. Let's talk about it at the meeting.

Here's a link to his sale: http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=856874

noobtank
06/15/2006, 07:04 PM
i have a small ball of chaeto if anyone wants it. it's not filled with pods and stuff. just feather dusters mainly

hooker18
06/15/2006, 10:00 PM
possibly one more of my friends from work will be joining us.

Mr James
06/15/2006, 10:07 PM
Noob, can you hook me up with some of that Chaeto??

Hooker (dare I ask why they call you that??), They are welcome to join us.

noobtank
06/15/2006, 11:24 PM
sure can

lizfrog007
06/16/2006, 08:28 AM
i will take some too, noob, if you have plenty......liz

SueQ
06/16/2006, 09:24 AM
Me too noob, if there is enough. I think I'd only need a small amount, I seem to be good at growing algae;p

Phildirt
06/18/2006, 08:13 AM
Mr James
Thanks again for having us over, it was nice to meet everyone. I had a great time.

Mr James
06/18/2006, 08:25 AM
Fantastic Phil!! If nothing else, a club meeting is a place where we can meet other people. The good part is that we can meet other people that belive this hobby is awesome!! Don't be a stranger to this board. Post questions and offer advice. See you next month??

lizfrog007
06/18/2006, 08:38 AM
yes, James, it was a great get together, i learned quite a few things....and thanks again for sharing your lovely family with us and your knowledge of this great hobby.....look forward to more meetings......liz

lizfrog007
06/18/2006, 08:43 AM
and also nice meeting all you guys......maybe next time there will be some gals....lol.......i there has got to be lots of us women out there that are instrested in this hobby.....see next time.....

Mr James
06/18/2006, 08:46 AM
SueQ is a girl. Since I don't know anyone very well, I can't tease any of the guys. Liz. spread the word, there has to be a big group of Pensecolian women out there. I'm sure the guys won't mind if women attend.

noobtank
06/18/2006, 10:44 PM
nice meeting all you guys.. see ya next month...

lemme know whenever you have more frags hooker ill contact you here shortly...im gonna get some some water and sand from my neighbors 125 so i can set up a tank soon

SueQ
06/19/2006, 12:52 PM
Liz- No worries! I should be at the next one:) Speaking of which, when is the next one?

Mr James
06/19/2006, 06:36 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7588287#post7588287 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by SueQ
Speaking of which, when is the next one?

I'll play host again, I have no problem with that. But we need to spread the word. I hope to attract folks in our area. If someone wants to drive from Tally, that is fine. But I want the core group to meet in the beginning to establish the club. I'll make a new post.

FatTony
06/24/2006, 03:47 PM
Hey hey hey! Awesome meeting everyone. Sorry it's taken me so long to post... I'm still living in the stone age, so I don't own a computer. I would be able to afford one... but I just HAD to have MH lighting... and those Ricordia... and that Two Spot Goby... I'm sure you all know how it is. I look forward to the next meeting. I'll try to get some pics of my tank up before then.

lizfrog007
06/24/2006, 03:50 PM
sorry tony, my brain is old and about wore out....but i would like to put a face with a name....and i can not remember which one yours goes with....can you give me a hint....lol

liz

Mr James
06/24/2006, 07:32 PM
He was one of the young studs sitting on the couch to your right. Not the one next to you, but the one on the end!!

lizfrog007
06/24/2006, 07:45 PM
i remembered him a little while ago when i read in his profile or what ever that thing is at the bottom.....it had about the cement rocks.....then it hit me....lol....

thanks thought......i will prob need more help.....lol

my coral bueaty died today....don't know why.....

Mr James
06/24/2006, 07:53 PM
I've got that Cheato if you are interested. SueQ came by today and picked some up.

noobtank
06/24/2006, 09:34 PM
hey james how much chaeto do you have left? ill try to stop by tomorrow with the ozonizer if your not busy. did you sell that mag? i might be interested in that also...

and how do you control the flow of your top off..i just rememberd also that someone gave me an auto top off thing but i dont know how it works...do you think you could show me. if it's too difficult ill prolly just use the drip method

Mr James
06/25/2006, 07:37 AM
If you want to stop by today, Sunday, give me a call before you come over. We have church this morning and then church again tonight. Anytime in between then is good. I'll PM you with my phone number. Got lots of Cheato left; yes, bring the ozonizer and all the stuff that comes with it; I'll show you what I do with my top-off.

lizfrog007
06/26/2006, 07:51 AM
James, i missed other day when you were talking about the dvd that you have of marine life, where you got them......can you let me know and what kind of price.....were they a club or just some you can pick up......i only got to see just a little bit of one....but i think i might be interested in getting some....it was very nice pics

thanks liz

noobtank
06/26/2006, 08:48 PM
sunday monday tuesday are no good. what about wednesday? or thrusday....

Mr James
06/26/2006, 10:46 PM
Liz, the series is called The Blue Planet Series. Ther are 3 DVD's and 3 documentaries on each DVD. Search Amazon.com, I am sure you will find it there. My wife got them at a place called Sun Coast Video.

Noob: Weekdays are good, but I don't get home from work and done with dinner until 6:00 pm-ish, so please call after that, but before 8:00 as that is when my kids got to bed.