PDA

View Full Version : What do you think?

DeLiBoY
06/04/2006, 01:04 PM
Well I am in the process of purchasing a 75G RR Oceanic. As for the sump/fuge I have no plans yet but as far as lighting I am planning on a Tek T-5HO 48" 8x54 setup. For a skimmer I am looking at either a Remora Pro or an ASM, little undecided. Big jump for me going from a 24 Pod to a 75 RR. Any suggestions, comments, complaints??

I also found out today that my sister in Columbus lives 10 minutes from Phishy Business. Maybe I will have to go visit her now.

What type of LR to you guys recommend for my new system? I want something way more colorful than the Fiji I got from F&S.

Jamokie01
06/04/2006, 01:19 PM
10 minutes away from Phishy Business aye, is she hot? LoL

Setup sounds good man, and like I said, let us know what you wanna do about a sump Im sure we can give you a hand.

I like fiji and tonga branch. Its just a matter of getting some with some coralline on it. The other stuff has different colored coralline on it but the purple seems to just overtake it.

coralfarmer84
06/04/2006, 05:05 PM
well my personal favorite is alor or bali live rock. Its very very pourous and goes a long long way. You can get it for about 6 a pound at the salty critter but it weighs about half as much as a same size hunk of figi. Its all in what your looking for....

lori7973
06/04/2006, 10:23 PM
With the light you are looking to get you will get awesome coraline growth in no time. T-5's are definately my favorite lights, and we have had pc's, halides & vho and the growth of the corals and coraline were hands down the best with the t-5's.

As far as a sump, send a pm to Carl (dafraguy) on RC. Carl makes acrylic sumps and does an awesome job. He lives in Struthers.

Rich at Professional Aquatics on 422 will hook you up with the rock, he can probably order what you want. I have been to salty critter and Dan is great, but Rich is local and he would appreciate your business and he really knows his stuff.

DeLiBoY
06/04/2006, 11:18 PM
Where exactly is Professional Aquatics? I looked for it but I found some other store on 422.

As far as my T-5's, would the Tek 6 bulb be good or do I need the 8 bulb system?

coralfarmer84
06/04/2006, 11:37 PM
professional aquatics is moving to girard but right now it is located on 422 between niles and girard. When you see the golf dome continue strait, you'll come to a redlight. Stay strait, its just up the road on the right hand side, small homely looking building with a sign on the side... if you pass jim pace pontiac you've gone too far. But it is moving to where sea quest used to be, which is in downtown girard on the left hand side if your coming from downtown youngstown. The store should be much better after he moves and gets more going but i'm sure he still has something to offer you.

STACKER
06/05/2006, 06:14 AM
I only have one caution for T-5's. Most users tend to avoud the 420's and stick with 460's when attempting to get blue. T-5's are great performers but just like all others aren't the perfect answer. Opinion on lighting will always be personal choice and budget biased but I'v always felt that a mix has been perfect if you have the room. MH, T-5 and VHO would be sweet! I'd go with the 6 tube T-5 in white, then 2 URI .03 VHO's for softies and LPS and add 175 W. MH's for SPS in 10 or 14K.

Lalo and Tonga LR are both nice. I have Fiji base, Marshalls, Tonga, Lalo, and Bali pieces. Again, i think a mix gives a person the best of all worlds and diverse hitchhiking specie.

DeLiBoY
06/05/2006, 07:39 AM
SeaQuest...........thats the place that I found.

coralfarmer84
06/05/2006, 10:52 AM
Yea seaquest will now become professional aquatics, thats the store Rich bought out.