PDA

View Full Version : Copper Level

SethSPST
06/01/2006, 11:49 AM
WHat level of copper will kill inverts? I had my new skunk cleaner shrimp die last night. I had him less than 48hrs and when I ran tests, eveything was fine but I had a level of .08 for copper. But the thing that throws me is that my 3 zebra hermits are still running around like crazy.

graveyardworm
06/01/2006, 06:30 PM
Copper at any level is toxic for inverts. How long did you acclimate it and what was the proceedure? Also what is the SG in your tank, and what was the SG of the water that came with it?

SethSPST
06/01/2006, 07:51 PM
I floated the bag in the tank for about 30 minutes, then I used and air hose and put a mini clamp on it to control the drip. I dripped acclimated him for about 2 hours when there was about 3 times the original amount of water in the bag. We returned him to the LFS and they took him back. When they tested the water the SG was only 1.018. They still refunded us because I was using the hydrometer that I got from them when I tested the tank water before I started acclimating him it read 1.024. The LFS I go to is pretty good. When we bought him everything in the store was 30% off (I spent about $150) but they refunded us the regular price so we can get another when I get the SG back up.

graveyardworm
06/01/2006, 08:07 PM
I would suggest you get a refractometer. At least the LFS was reasonable enough to refund your money.

SethSPST
06/01/2006, 08:43 PM
Appreciate your reply.
Seth