PDA

View Full Version : 450 gallon starphire never used

Chicago
05/09/2002, 09:50 PM
i am ordering a new starphire as this one came in a little off.
the dmeinsions of this custom tank are 108 long by 34 deep by 31 inches high...

it is a custom tank with starphire ultra clear glass for the front and the top bracing and the spash guards..\

make me a reasonble offer.. tank is in chicago..
i anyone is seriously interested i willpost pics.
it is a inter american company tank ...excellent tank.

abran
05/14/2002, 02:31 PM
I work for PPG and starphire is the best glass you can buy.

abran
:D

Chicago
05/14/2002, 09:12 PM
tell me some more about star0phire glass. i understand that it is now hard to get 3/4 inch starphire. is this true?.. there was some talk about laminating starphire 1/2 to get a one inch piece. does laminating do anything to the clarity. i dont think so as the tank i have is ultra clear. there are pics of it on the reefland bb.

abran
05/15/2002, 06:43 AM
PPG makes a variety of thicknesses of starphire glass. It is available in thicknesses from 2.5 to 12 millimeters. this is around 1/8 to 1/2 inch. you can still get 3/4 ince but it is very expensive and will have to be special ordered. PPG has a special program that you have to go through to even carry this type of glass. The problem is that the glass is very hard to make and since the standard is so high it will cost you. But as we all know if you want the best you will pay for it. As for as Quality is concerned, Starphire is the clearest glass on the market. Have you ever noticed the blue/green tint glass has when you look at it from the side thickness wise? starphire has no color. They do not make a clearer glass. In standard 6-millimeter thickness, Starphire glass achieves 91 percent light transmittance. We now carry laminated starphire glass for a varitey of home use and comercial use as well. My next tank will be starphire glass. IMO its the best and as far as seeing the true colors of a reef or corals, you can not go wrong with starphire. visit our web site at www.PPG.com to learn more. The sight also has a list of distributors and fabricators of PPG’s Starphire ultra-clear glass.

hope this helps...

abran

Chicago
05/15/2002, 05:32 PM
abran, question if two sheets of 1/2 starphire ar lamiated together how does it compare to 3/4 starphire.

ie. just as clear ..andy tint color to it ect.
what about strength.

pro's and cons to starphire glasss///

thanks alot.

MPETERS
05/16/2002, 11:08 AM
What kind of price are you looking to get for the 450????

Thanks,

Chicago
06/05/2002, 11:06 PM
in area of 2,500...then again everything in life is negotiable. not looking to make money on this. other factors to consider is shipping this to its resting place.

email me if you are interested and i will get back to you sith phone number.

thanks.

MPETERS
06/07/2002, 08:58 AM
Hi,

I sent you two e-mails, did you get then??

adamgrandprix
06/11/2002, 12:01 PM
I am sitting here crying because I want that tank and I am in Chicago too!!! Unfortunately, it is about 3 feet too long to fit down where I am planning on placing a custom tank in my remodeled basement. Maybe I could change my remodeling plans to work with that size tank :D

Of course, my wife would probably never allow it though.

sniff, sniff.