PDA

View Full Version : Good News!~!

Nagel
05/09/2002, 07:11 PM
Ok,

As some of you know, JoAnn and I have been searching for a house for 16 months now. Well, we found it!

We put an offer in on Sunday, May 5th, they accepted our offer and signed the contrtact May 6th. Since I work in a law firm, I had our real estate department handle the attorney review, and as of today, LESS THEN A WEEK, we are OUT of attorney review!

Inspection next week, then the long wait :( Closing wont be until July 8th. They have children they want to finish school first, and then pack and move, oh well, its fine with us.

Nice 3 bedroom house in Andover, NJ, (thats out on rt 80 west for those of you not native to north jersey).

Here's the specs:

2 bedrooms are 11 x 10 (eventually kids rooms)
1 bedroom is 8 x 8 (most likely to become an office)

There are THREE family rooms:
23 x 13 (will become master bedroom)
20 x 12 (will become the "real" living room / family room)
15 x 15 (in basement, whole basement is finished)

Kitchen is an EIK, 18 x 13

Only one bathroom, but the basement is plumbed for a second.

There is a fireplace in the "real" livingroom, plus a 1 car garage, lots of storage room in the attic, an oversized 18x18 shed, and GORGEOUS landscaping.

In the basement we also have a 15 x 10 laundry room, a 15 x 15 workshop and a 15 x 10 "game room" which will become my "fish room" (luckily its located below the "real" livingroom where my 75 will be, I plan to eventually plumb the 75 to a basement sump) Luckily enough there is water plumbed to the opposite side of one of this rooms walls (shares a wall with the laundry room).

WHOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Now I can host a meeting sometime in the fall.

This ALSO means.....

Sometime in mid July I may have a small "fish tank moving party". I don't need to move the tanks immediately, but I will be moving them within 2 weeks of July 8th (the fry tanks may come over the first day, the reefs will wait for the "party") I'll update you all on that as the time gets closer.

ATLANTIS
05/09/2002, 07:16 PM
CONGRATS!!!!:celeb3: :celeb1: :celeb2:

Rovert
05/09/2002, 08:40 PM
Congratulations!!!

Whatever you do, don't follow Bahr's tank moving, or plumbing instructions. :D

katspaw
05/10/2002, 07:13 AM
Congradualtions,

At least you know that the group has experience with moving tanks now. :D Keep us posted.

Tracey

kennerd
05/10/2002, 09:23 AM
Congratulations on the new "Cash Cow"!

Ah, I remember the whole excited stage of pre-move and planning as well. If you make it to the July meeting at my place, you can see some very dramatic before & after pics.

Best of luck: sounds like you've got some great space there!

Ken

PS: I've got a full-sized Bronco and a load of 5 gal buckets, so keep me in mind for yuor move!

harjit
05/10/2002, 01:25 PM
Best of luck

volk23
05/10/2002, 02:29 PM
Congrats !

forbze16
05/10/2002, 03:10 PM
That's really cool. I hope since my GF will be working at a law form we can have the same thing happen- at cheaper rate (yeah right :rolleyes: )

With all the discussions about moving tanks this club could incorporate as "Wehaul Fish Tanks" and make some money or something. Special member discounts of course :D

Again congrats and good luck,

Dave

bahrhoops
05/10/2002, 04:33 PM
Congrats Erik,
lemmie know when you move your tank,
I'll bring a chainsaw and a few sticks of dynamite
-steve

Rovert
05/10/2002, 09:18 PM
Heh... hey, Steve, still got that Ginsu knife? :D

Nagel
05/10/2002, 10:04 PM
Uhm. I will have a much better plan in place considering we'll be moving the 75. (I'll have already moved a 29 and 55 FOWLR). I also get practice this weekend as I have to move a 55 reef from BOSTON to NJ. Long story, no time for it now.

Anyway. I will be putting together a full battle plan when we get nearer to the date.

Thanks for the offers guys (and ladys too!)

Fazm79
05/11/2002, 01:03 AM
Hey Erik congrats ... you'll need that room for your new Bangii breeding facility!

jimroth
05/11/2002, 05:12 PM
Congratulations Erik! I think home ownership is one of the holiest sacraments of American life. Thanks for participating. When do you break ground for the 5000 gallon concrete reef tank?

Aquariust
05/12/2002, 05:14 PM
Erik, I'm sure you and JoAnn will be quite happy in that huge space!

~Congragulations

:D

-John

Malcolm_C
05/13/2002, 09:36 AM
Congratulations