PDA

View Full Version : June Meeting 2006

mothra
05/29/2006, 10:51 PM
June Meeting: Zooplankton and Phytoplankton.
When: Saturday June 24th, at 12:00 Noon
Where: Valley Brewery banquet room
Address: 157 W. Adams St., Stockton CA 95204
Phone: (209) 464-2739

Reed Mariculture has been culturing live foods such as zooplankton and phytoplankton species for both commercial and hobbyist use since 1995. As the CEO of Reed Mariculture Randy Reed will be presenting a slideshow and discussing these various types of live and frozen cultured foods, their nutritional value to fish and corals, and touching on culturing your own at home. Randy's biography is below. You can find more information about Reed Mariculture and their products on their website (http://www.reed-mariculture.com).

Other Stuff...
In addition to their presentation Reed Nutrition will be donating some product to our raffle (thanks guys!) and we will be organizing a group buy to be delivered to the meeting if anyone is interested. Details regarding this will be posted shortly.

That's all for now, stay tuned here for any updates and/or conversation regarding the meeting.

cyclebrkr
06/01/2006, 01:05 PM
COOL!

rulesmith
06/01/2006, 10:20 PM
I will be out of the country. Any chance of recording the presentation or getting copy of it?

cyclebrkr
06/08/2006, 04:48 PM
Are we going to be doing a group buy?

mothra
06/08/2006, 05:37 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7481241#post7481241 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by rulesmith
I will be out of the country. Any chance of recording the presentation or getting copy of it?

Honestly, probably not unless one of the club members volunteers to do this. I may not even be there (baby is due any time now) which would mean Bryan, Scott, and Jay have to do everything. Even with the 5 of us on the BOD we are stretched too thin as it is.

...so anyone up to the challenge?

mothra
06/08/2006, 05:40 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7524139#post7524139 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by cyclebrkr
Are we going to be doing a group buy?

I was hoping so, but we are getting closer to the meeting date and no word yet. I have asked for a list of what is available and the pricing for the group buy. This was actually Gresham and Randy's idea so at the moment the ball is in their court.

Just out of curiosity, is anyone else interested in this? If it happens there should be a variety of long-shelf-life live foods and frozen foods available. If you usually don't post and you think you might want to get in on the group buy this would be the time to speak up. I personally really want to try the Artic Pods.

plankton
06/08/2006, 07:08 PM
Disco pods are pretty cool. I hope Randy bings the disco light so you can see the pods dance to the different lights.

Scott

Bdimas
06/09/2006, 07:00 PM
I want to get some Artic Pods.

wuelfman
06/10/2006, 07:54 AM
i would want in on the group buy

mothra
06/13/2006, 09:59 PM
Group Buy

Between the schedule of the Reef Nutrition guys and how short handed the BOD is currently this took some time to get details on, and is still not complete, but here it is...

NVR members receive 20% off the list prices for all of the items below. On top of that Reef Nutrition has generously offered to give 10% of the proceeds back to NVR. If you are unfamiliar with these products there are specifics on www.reefnutrition.com (and I believe pricing for everything), and of course Randy will be discussing the various forms of foods that go into these products during the meeting (zooplankton, phytoplankton, etc...).

Roti-Feast ($20 msrp)
Phyto-Feast Live ($14, $28, $40 msrp)
Arcti-Pods ($20, $40, $60)
Tigger-Pods($20)
Live rotifers (see site for rest of msrp's)
Rotifer Diet
Rotifer starter kit
Otohime
Ultimate
Chloramx
Rotifer Floss
F2 Nutrients

mothra
06/13/2006, 10:00 PM
I personally would like to try the artic pods, medium size.

I will not be at the meeting as we will be busy having a baby, hope to talk to everyone soon!

drdoolittle
06/22/2006, 10:47 AM
Hi,

I would like to buy the Artic pods on a medium size. Please let me know how to purchase it from the group buy.

Thanks,

Ed

Bdimas
06/22/2006, 11:43 AM
Ed,

I think you will have to attend the meeting to get the group buy price. If you cant make it maybe someone can pick some up for you.

MrMonkeyFingers
06/24/2006, 12:20 AM
man.. summer time sucks for me! I won't be able to make it this one either :( Why can't you guys work around my schedule?? it's all about me isn't it ;) I got cast as an extra in the rob schneider movie they are filming here in stockton. I'll be out sweating my butt off out at the woman's prison playing a crazy scientologist.. hopefully I can catch up at the next meeting!!! Someone win some frags for me!

Bdimas
06/24/2006, 12:28 PM
Thats cool Greg. I know of another guy thats playing an inmate.

MrMonkeyFingers
06/25/2006, 02:19 AM
oh yeah? what's his name? We pulled a 16 hour today... they finally called it a day when one of the extras passed out and fell off some bleachers.

MrMonkeyFingers
06/25/2006, 02:19 AM
oh yeah? what's his name? We pulled a 16 hour today... they finally called it a day when one of the extras passed out and fell off some bleachers.

Bdimas
06/25/2006, 12:39 PM
Fred Yasmin. Really cool and funny guy.
Man 16 hours! Arent you guys shooting for two weeks?

MrMonkeyFingers
06/25/2006, 12:50 PM
this coming fri will be the last day! Hmm I'll listen for his name during role call on monday.