PDA

View Full Version : Velvet Nudis... still there? what u think?

mdcoblentz
05/27/2006, 01:23 PM
ok. about 4 days ago I put 3 velvet Nudis in my tank to go to work on my flatworm plague. I enjoyed watching them the first two days and lowered my flow because some were flying around the aquarium if they got in the wrong place. Anyways, I haven't seen a one of them for 3 days. I have a 72 bowfront that has around 120# of LR. so there is plenty of hiding spaces but does anyone know of anything that might have eaten them? I have some peppermint shrimp and some hermits. I also have wondered if they got too close to my RBTA would it snatch them up and eat them? they were slurping up flatworms left and right there for the first two days. it was fun watching them... Maybe I'm freakin out for no reason but the little buggers weren't cheap. What do you guys think???? thanks.

Micah

Javeo
05/27/2006, 05:40 PM
They are probably hiding, but you realise 3 is too many. They will starve to death in the long term. If you can cathc them, try and return at least 2 of them and perhaps one will be able to find enough flatworms to live. They eat ALOT of flatworms and only flatworms, when theyre gone the slugs starve.

mdcoblentz
05/27/2006, 06:02 PM
well tust me... there is plenty to go around! they haven't even begun to even make a dent in them and I can't see how they will. there is thousands in the main tank and thousands in the sump. they will probably have a steady supply from the sump anyways. if the population does go down and I think theres a chance they may be hungry... I will definately ask some of the reefers around here if they might need them and if not, I'll take 2 back. I'm definately not out to starve them! they are really cool animals!

mdcoblentz
05/28/2006, 03:38 PM
anyone else have any thoughts?

mdcoblentz
06/01/2006, 05:12 PM
I really think my crabs are eating them. still no sign. I think they are gonners. that didn't last long and my flatworms are still comin on strong... great. I've heard of a few wrasses eating them. anyone know which one specifically?

Javeo
06/01/2006, 05:20 PM
They are probably still hiding. Ive gone days without seeing some fish and weeks when it comes to inverts, and i have half the LR you do.