PDA

View Full Version : Do you directly feed your Kenya Trees?

chrisbenavides
05/27/2006, 01:53 AM
Just wondering if anyone directly feeds their Kenya trees (with syringes). I know that I was told at my LFS that I should feed it the liquid stuff the frozen Hikari mysis shrimp leaves when thawing out. True or not true?

What softies should be feed directly?

THANKS!!!

- chris

reefnetworth
05/27/2006, 04:28 AM
i dont feed mine. they get nutrients from salt mix and whatever is left over from #2 frozen food. they have grown about 1.5" in two months. REEF-ON!!!

crrichey
05/27/2006, 01:13 PM
I was also told this but to be honest with as fast as they grow I don't see the need to make them spread any faster!

Dani Arnanz
05/27/2006, 01:22 PM
When you say Kenya tree you´re refering to the genus Capnella?? (Sorry, I´m not american).

The most common species of the genus Capnella in the hobby are C. imbricata and some similar, they are photosynthetic, and the energy obtained from the photosynthesis is enough for them.

Nano brains,

If your salt add nutrients to the aquarium, you may think on changing the salt ;) ... and the feeding of corals from dissolved organics compounds from the water, y something which we don´t know enough.

Although as far as I´m concerned, azooxanthellae capnellas (which are more beautiful than ours) live in cooler waters (I´ve seen awasome pics of capnellas in Norway waters), if I try to feed a capnella, I´ll try with live brachionus, or phyto.

Regards,

Dani

gearqueer
05/29/2006, 08:53 AM
Kenya tree grows so fast you do not need to feed it.