PDA

View Full Version : feeling out my options

Kelly68
05/25/2006, 12:45 PM
I am deciding whether or not to sell my 210 gallon reef tank. Reason why I am selling it is due to my angelfish breeding. I have over 1000 babies and with the lack of money and lack of space, the 210 would have to go in order to expand.

I do not know what to sell the items for, so I figured I would leave the offers up to you. Again, this is not a for sure thing, but if I am able to sell it all at a fair price, it will happen. Please pm me with offers and I will respond to each and all.

I do have one offer on the tank. I would like to feel my options and see what the interest is. I will include a list of items I have for sale and include some pictures. I love this tank as well as the livestock and this is a very hard decision to make.

Kelly

List of items:

210 gallon All Glass tank, tops and lights. Bought less than a year ago from Oconomowoc and paid $650.

homemade solid oak stand with cupboards....very very nice.

The lights that are on it are 2 strips of blue actinics, 2 power compacts....one of which the bulbs need to be replaced, and two 36" Nova Extreme T-5 with moonlights...around 3 months old...bought new from Rhinelander..paid $200 a piece.

One super skimmer by Coralife....for up to 220 gallons. Bought new three months ago and paid $200 for it.

Probably 150-200 lbs of live rock. (this is an estimation....looks are deceiving, but there are some large pcs in there.) Also, a lot of the rock has mushrooms on them.

cc for substrate

visa therm heater

two emperor 400 biowheels

two penguin power heads

almost a whole bucket of Instant Ocean Salt

Salifert tests...two of them, Calcium and Nitrates

Tons of mushrooms of lots of different kinds. Close to 100: frilly, spotted, green striped, red, brown, blue...etc. I love mushrooms The frilly ones get to the size bigger than saucers. Lots of these are on live rock....lot are just hanging around on the gravel

three different zoo polyps

finger coral

kenia tree

two yellow tangs

one purple tang

one flame angel

4 blue chromis

1 strawberry dottyback

1 royal gramma

1 spotted hawkfish

two serpent starfish...one red, one green

one brittle starfish...black

two percula clownfish

one cleaner shrimp

Again, pm me with offers. If I can get enough money back out to where I am not losing my a$$, I will sell it. I will then go to whomever pm'd me first.

Thanks.

p.s. I am trouble uploading all my pictures. I do have a lot if there is something more you were interested in I can email it to you. I will keep trying to figure out what I am doing wrong.

05/25/2006, 06:21 PM
pm sent on chromis and purple tang.

sarduci
05/26/2006, 07:20 PM
I know Ron is zoo crazy, so I'll let him put in a offer on them if he wants to first....... I have more than I know what to do with myself....

To bad I don't have room for a tank that big or I'd snag it......

Good luck with everything!

Kelly68
05/27/2006, 09:12 AM
I have sent pm's back to everyone who has pm'ed me so far. I have decided to sell. The stuff that is spoken for awaiting payment is the tank and stand. The skimmer and lights are gone too. (not yet, but will be.....need them for the corals yet). The finger coral has been spoken for as well as the spotten hawkfish. Others have wanted things but haven't gotten back to me. I need this gone asap, as the lighting will be gone soon. So start making me offers. Keep in mind, I have some HUGE pcs of liverock that has shrooms growing on them. So maybe a deal of so much a pound for rock...like $3 lb .... and if it has any mushrooms on them it will be more. Thanks.

ronkent
05/28/2006, 09:19 AM
pm sent

Kelly68
05/29/2006, 03:07 PM
This is what is left.

Yellow tangs....$15 each nice size
Purple tang......$35 firm worth twice that easy beautiful fish
Chromis.....$20 for all 4
Strawberry dottyback $8
Royal Gramma $8
Pincushion Urchin $5
Clownfish $20 for the pair

Also still have some smaller pcs of live rock with a shroom or two on them, some smaller that don't have any...and some stranglers that are loose on the cc. I also have one pcs covered with mushrooms.

Let me know. Cause now it is whomever gets back to me soonest gets these. Tank is bought so I need to finish selling what is in it. So in the next few days I need this stuff out.

Thanks,

Kelly

Kelly68
05/29/2006, 03:11 PM
Oh by the way....the substrate in the 210 is cc. I know a lot of people use sand, but that will be free for the taking once the tank is empty.

Kelly68
05/29/2006, 04:10 PM
The chromis are sold to Ronkent.

Kelly68
05/29/2006, 06:01 PM
Purple tang is spoken for.

Kelly68
05/29/2006, 08:28 PM
Well, the person who wanted the purple tang did not realize where I lived and backed out. So he is back up for sale. I forgot to mention I still have the green and red serpent starfish too.