PDA

View Full Version : Trigger pic for you

T-T-Trigger
05/08/2002, 12:21 AM
Hi! here is a trigger i picked up just last week, I have never seen one in person before, and don't know anyone who has experience with this species. So I thought I'd throw my hat in the ring and find out! This is a still shy Abalistes stellaris - common name is starry triggerfish. The one normally sold as a "starry trigger" is actually a yellow-margin or pineapple trigger ( Pseudobalistes flavimarginatus - see sig. pic) for those of you that care about such things.:D

billsreef
05/08/2002, 09:18 PM
Cute little guy :D

I'm looking foward to the grown up pics ;)

topfish
05/10/2002, 06:26 PM
you are very lucky to have this trigger, for it is a rare one and is named a stellar trigger. It looks similar to the starry but doesn't have the same designs, but these triggers are closely related. I have first seen this fish last week at an lfs and that will probibly be the only one I will see (in person). I know a lot about triggerfish, and this guy to. This like all triggers are hardy, grows around 12 in. or so, but this trigger isn't as bold as others. When you first have him in a tank he may hide a lot for that is what triggers do, (by erecting there trigger) but eventually he will get bolder and bolder. You should feed him a wide variety of foods soaked in vitamins to increase his immune system.

topfish
05/10/2002, 06:28 PM
I see at your avatar you have a pineapple trigger (commonly named titan, but isnt a true titan) But pineapples are awesome fish!:D I want one of em. It sees that you realy like triggers like I do, and I would like to know if you have any others. I have a clown (all of these are triggers), niger, male blue jaw, blue line, and hopefully in the future a queen.:D

DresdenKali
05/10/2002, 10:04 PM
Very Nice Trigger.:)

Hopefully one day I can get a Queen too...My fav.