PDA

View Full Version : Whats poppin?

Jamokie01
05/22/2006, 03:56 AM
Just checking to make sure everyone is still alive.

Also, Im trying to find out of anyone is interested in building skimmers. I need to upgrade before I put anything else in my tank, and since that guy isnt selling me his setup anymore I either have to buy one or build one. I do enjoy DIYing..
Having done some research on skimmers lately, and I think the euroreef recirculating skimmer looks pretty cool as well as efficient, any comments?

STACKER
05/22/2006, 08:07 AM
I'm alive... barely. I've been busy as hell since mid last week and have a few decent sized projects to get out the door this week too. It's feast and famine around here and I have to make hay while the sun shines or sell the farm LOL

Euro RC's are the best buy for the dollar. You can get a little better for alot more money but it's just a waste of cash. I've made a few skimmers and tons of other acrylic items for customers but in the long run the cost to Build and debug a custom skimmer costs the same as buying a good used Euro. It's pertty easy to retro and RC loop into an existing standard ES too.

Jamokie01
05/22/2006, 01:19 PM
Geez man,
What exactly do you do Stacker?

STACKER
05/22/2006, 02:31 PM
I own/run a small design and build business. I do light to med. fab and design and build things. Mainly mechanical but I have the best electrical guy in the area for PLC and process integration using some of my unused office space. I have a small shop are with standard and CNC machinery, welders, etc. etc. and also have started to custom acrylic fab. as I learn how to make things prettier. Living on a few local customers isn't easy and there are times when I'm waiting on orders so I fill-in the time by designing, uilding, and prototyping stuff to sell on Ebay and to fellow salt water geeks.

Kinda a jack of all trades and master of a couple. Being a small business owner isn't all glamour, that's for sure!

I can make come cool aquaruim stuff for cheap tho when I have time and $$...

Jamokie01
05/22/2006, 09:58 PM
I used to run CNC when I worked at Canfied Cylinder Heads, we machined cylinder heads for race cars. Cool expensive machines, cant believe they let me run them. Turned out I was allergic to the coolant that we constantly ran through, so that was the end of that.

STACKER
05/23/2006, 05:32 AM
Funny, I've had employees that were allergic to work, honesty, and ethics... LOL

coralfarmer84
05/23/2006, 11:28 AM
Hmmm appears a whole lot of nothing is going on in Y-town ehh. I haven't been on for a few days because I'm in sunny southwest Florida visiting family (and looking for my new 240). Its great except I've got Mike watching my tank lol.... you know what that means stack....

Jamokie01 how big of a skimmer do you need. I happen to know someone who has a LOT of them for sale. Getting out of the hobby and has a lot of what appear to be stand alone skimmers. He said he uses them in his sump thou.... I could get you more details but he said they are dirt cheap and most were being run on tanks over 100 gallons so they should more than do your tank....

You gentlemen need to come over my house when I get home and we could B.S. and drink beer. I just picked up a Monti cap colony that is about 20 inches long by 14 inches out. Its got over 6 layers of plating. Its crazy awesome. I need pics of that lol and my blue tort colony and only you could make that happen dale.
enjoy beautiful sunny Y-town and I'll see you guys sometime in June.

STACKER
05/23/2006, 01:31 PM
Time is the only issue bud! I've been working 10-12 hrs. 6-7 days and have the next 3 weekends booked. It'll have to be a week day in the evening or a Sunday!!!

Paul and I talked about a Beer-B-Q soon too but I'm thinking that may not happen till late June regarding my schedule.

mfabrizio75
05/23/2006, 02:36 PM
not only am i taking care of aptasiafarmers house and tank, i have to also house his monti cap colony that takes up 75 percent of my 75 so it really is huge. but im taking care of it cuz its infested with red bugs... oh and ryan that blue tort.... well... ummmm..... lets just consider it a fee for watching the tank.

Jamokie01
05/23/2006, 03:27 PM
I could never buy a colony that large for fear of it dying, Id rather buy frags and let them grow into my tank. But I bet it sure does look sexy :).
As for the skimmer, Im actually probably looking for two, one for myself and one for my friend. They would both have to be able to support a pretty well stocked tank over 100 gallons. Whenever you get some more info, lemmie know, Im finally starting to make money at work so I need to hurry up and spend it so I can be broke again. Reguardless of what they are I dont mind modding them to fit my application, I wouldnt have a problem running them in sump.

Geez sorry guys I dont drink beer, so it looks like Ill just have to bring a nice big bottle of liquor. Thats how I roll......

Aptasiafarmer, lol.

STACKER
05/23/2006, 05:27 PM
Well CoralDestroyer can't help but impulse buy stuff that will most certainly die and foul his tank.

Mike, Make sure you use all his toilet paper and eat all his peanut butter. LOL

BTW, did he ever kill those aptisia or is he still feeding them?

coralfarmer84
05/24/2006, 03:12 PM
I haven't nuked the only two in my system. Florida is great 90's and sunny everyday, fish are the farthest thing from my mind at the present time... I'll let you know whats up with the skimmers when i get back in town. Both I and the person selling them are out of town for the next two weeks.

As for the cap, i can't help but buy things that are amazing. I couldn't grow a piece that big for 5 years so why wait. Its doing great according to my buddy mike. so far he hasn't murdered it.

Its got to stay in his tank for 5 days to kill of any potential redbug hitchhikers that might be aboard. so i'm giving it two weeks just to be absolutely sure. take care guys.

Jamokie01
05/25/2006, 12:53 AM
Well while you kill helpless animals I am hopefully gonna be well on my way to getting a decent reef tank going. Hopefully I can get a nice skimmer and I should be ordering my T-5 retro kit in the next week or two. Once things get going maybe I can borrow some of your red bugs so as to prevent myself from ever having a successful reef. thanks.

STACKER
05/25/2006, 05:46 AM
80's and partly cloudy is perfect! Fla. in the summer sux! But if you're there I'm sure it's the best place on earth at the moment... am I right?

No, I'm not jealous, Fla. is second from the last place I've been that I'd go back for any reason. Second because I did spend time in the Keys... I'd rather spend time in Alabama.... LOL

coralfarmer84
05/25/2006, 11:55 AM
my question is why does everyone think a big colony is going to die? I've gotten several large colonies before that are captive bred and they are doing great in my system..... I just don't understand paying 20 to 25 for a frag when you can get something 20 times the size for maybe double the price of the frag.... the only time i settle for frags is when its something you can't find easily.... o yea i forgot frags look big in your systems compared to my mamoth tank. muhahaha.

And for all you southington country folk.... of course nothing is going to compare to cow tipping and chewing redman. Why would you hillbillys travel in the first place.. you got everything you need growing in your backyard. yeee-haaa dale, lets go find brother bill and go fishin in uncle mortasis's pond.

Jamokie01
05/25/2006, 01:14 PM
Leave uncle Mortasis out of this....

STACKER
05/25/2006, 02:42 PM
You misunderstood Ryan... I just figured YOU would kill it! Not that a big colony would die just cuz! But just cuz... Get it?

It's Uncle Carl and he gotz him a ceeeement pond now!

When you get to be my age and have seen what I've seen you'll be wiser, tired, suspicious, and calculating too. I've traveled to many places and none are as nice as home regardless. Some are great to visit but comfort is never lasting.

I've had some of my best times in the backyard and even better ones sitting by a coleman lantern in the middle of nowhere beside a pond. ahhhhhh!!! I'd like to do that tonite!

Jamokie01
05/25/2006, 08:59 PM
Id hate to say it but I like Ohio. We dont have to deal with hurricanes, Hell we havent even had a tornado in the Boardman area as long as Ive been alive. I like the cold, and hate it when its hot and muggy out. And then theres the bugs, dear sweet lord the bugs.......

Anyways the reason people think colonies will die is because its pretty common for them to do so. Usually happens with more delicate corals, mostly acros. They grow the way that the tank they were in made them grow. If they have different flow or lighting they would have grown differently. So if they are switched to a tank with different conditions they can easily have some dieoff and its not uncommon for them to perish. Id be a bit worried with a multi layered montipora cap, because you have ot make sure your lighting is getting to the same areas it was in its original tank. Flow would be an issue as well.

And thats all I have to say about that....

coralfarmer84
05/25/2006, 09:03 PM
haha you used the word perish....

Jamokie01
05/26/2006, 12:56 AM
Was gonna say "croak", but it just didnt sound right.

STACKER
05/26/2006, 06:08 AM
The reason wild colonies "pass-on" is mainly due to greed, ignorance, and impatience. Greedy a$$holes rip them from nature to make a quick buck. Ignorant handlers expose them to air, put them in the dar, and shale the crap out of them causing tremendous stress in shipment, and few have th patience to properly acclimate coraly to the home marne environment. Ous tanks are much more stabile than nature (well some of ours are... cough cough Ryan, Mike, Mike cough) yet we rarely take the time to ease new critters in to our systems and they end up dieing more often than living. They need to be collected and acclimated in outdoor tanks for a month or more, then movedunder a roof to get 505 natural light for a few weeks, the completely inside for a coule more weeks. But this cost time and money and greed once again wins over!

Then some guy with a $100 bill burning a hole in his pocket is always there to get a "deal" so what would you do as a collector? Make him wait? You'll go out of business as he finds someone who will sell to him now!

coralfarmer84
05/26/2006, 04:08 PM
i get that.... but nobody said the colony i bought was wild. I got it from another RC member who grew it from a piece the size of a quarter.... but i totally understand what your telling me about wild colonies. I won't even buy wild colony's because for one they are ugly and two they just don't do well at all after spending half their lives in the ocean.

Jamokie01
05/26/2006, 04:22 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7444661#post7444661 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by coralfarmer84
I won't even buy wild colony's because for one they are ugly

Ugly? Do you keep an eye on reefermadness.us? Some of the most beautiful corals Ive seen.

coralfarmer84
05/26/2006, 10:04 PM
Good luck keeping that color, from what i hear many wild colonies fade in time, if not die off completely, if they are even is that color in the first place... i'm a skeptic of anything that can be photoshopped online. Speaking of Photoshopping, my friend is thinking about selling his port jackson shark... interested? :p

Jamokie01
05/27/2006, 03:17 AM
Nah Im good on the port jackson shark front.

Typically I dont believe any of the colors seen in pics on a website, but I have orderd from reefermadness.us, and I have to say, their stuff looks exactly like it does online. I was totally skeptical when I ordred my first frags from them, but the stuff was unbelievable when it arrived.

Alot of people who aquaculture sps say that when they get a wild colony its hit or miss on the color once its in the tank. They say it often times browns a bit, but then can come back and look even better. But sometimes it just stays brown, which is why you dont see limited edition corals popping up sll over the place. Also depends on your lighting, I find that XM's give absolutely awesome color, but the growth is slower, and for aquaculture, thats a no no.

Also, off the subject I wanted to mention that my friend took me to a little hole in the wall shop in Niles, I wanna say it was on 422, but im not certain. And even though this place was like a little shack, all of his stuff looked healthy and he actually had some sps frags and decent looking corals. He mentioned that he bought out another fish store in the area and was gona be moving there to a bigger place. Younger guy, seemed really nice and knowledgeable, if there is ever any kind of MY-SEa, he may be a good person to talk to. Ill find out more about whats going on with his business when I get the chance to stop in and talk to him.

STACKER
05/27/2006, 07:11 AM
That's Rich from Professional Aquatics. Rich is/was one of our original members and definately a good guy. Paul told me that he was moving the store from the hole it's in now to Girard (a few miles S. on 422 In June. That's should help him out alot with space.

We've all bought from Rich because his stuff is actually cared for rather than dumped ina a tank an sold before it dies...

Jamokie01
05/27/2006, 01:42 PM
Yea he seemed like a pretty cool guy, he was closing and my buddy just wanted to swing by to show me the place before it closed for the night, so I didnt get a chance to talk to him. He was talking to another guy and was giving him some good info and not just trying to sell him stuff. This is the first place that I have come across in the area that I see as being a nice store, reguardless of its size.

coralfarmer84
05/27/2006, 04:07 PM
Yea I also get a lot of stuff from Rich... he's a great guy. Speaking of stuff for sale, I'm most likely going to be selling my 240 tank, stand, canopy, and skimmer. Looks like I'll be getting another tank here thats 310 gallons (8'long, 25 tall, and 30 inches deep) so I'm sure soon you'll be seeing my stuff in the local threads up for sale. Just guaging interest I guess.....

Jamokie01
05/28/2006, 01:24 AM
a million dollars?

Does it come with all the dead corals? :)

STACKER
05/28/2006, 11:13 AM
Good luck selling it bud! You may end up all but giving it away condisering the locak market for tanks. I have another 72 gal. bow I just got from Jamie. When I helped him tear down on Sat. he gave me about 75 lb. of LR a purple tang, tomatoe clown, overflow, some small pumps, arag, and some nano rock. I don't want the tank so if someone is interested it's here at my crib. I may even clean it up... Or not!!!!

coralfarmer84
05/28/2006, 11:49 AM
i have over 2 months to sell it (actually I have to sell it within that time but i can't transfer out my stuff till august so thats gonna cause some selling issues) I'm keeping all of my coral, rock, pumps, lights, etc. The only thing I'm going to sell is the tank, stand, canopy, protein skimmer, and the magnum 350 canisters that came with it will be thrown in.... I'll be selling almost all my softies too because i'm going to do LPS and SPS only (highly toward SPS) So I'll have mushrooms, probably a leather, star polyps, and probably a few other things to unload as well.

The way I look at it is the new tank I'm wanting is going to run me over 1000 just for the glass. I'd be building my own stand, tank would be a wall divider viewable from 3 sides with built in overflows on one of the short side walls. So if I can't get back most of the cost by selling my tank, stand and canopy then I'm just going to keep my tank. Not a big deal, just thinking if i can upgrade at a minimal cost to me why not? The stand would be cheap to build as I'm looking to make it look like part of the wall, and I could use everything i have to make the jump. My main cost would be in a new skimmer, and I'd probably be needing a chiller down here also, although the air in the house is cool at all times.... Guess time will tell with everything. when i get home I'm going to list it and see what happens, if any of you guys are interested, you obviously have first dibbs...

Jamokie01
05/28/2006, 10:23 PM
Stacker how much are you asking for the bowfront or are you just trying to get rid of it?

Ryan just lemmie know what livestock you wanna get rid of when your ready to unload it. I like softies (well shrooms and zoos anyways), I think theyre under rated, they make great cover for the bare rock.

STACKER
05/29/2006, 06:59 AM
Bow is free if you come get it! if I have to deliver it it'll cost ya a 12 pack. If it's for someone outside the loop it'll cost them a 12 pack too!!!! I'm cheap but not free!

Jamokie01
05/29/2006, 07:06 AM
How about I come get it and bring you a twelve pack anyways?

Jamokie01
05/29/2006, 07:49 AM
I dont know what happened, but somehow the guard got knocked off of the magdrive on my closed loop, and I came home last night to find my yellow tang eerily stationary. Sure enough, he swam right into the thing and he was stuck to the pump. I unplugged it and still had to help him get free, it was a hell of a seal. Now he has a blood red hickey on his side. Hes not eating yet but he is out and swimming around after cautiously peeking out from behind the rocks for half an hour.
As far as I know he could have been stuck to the thing for up to 12 hours which makes him the second toughest fish I have ever owned. He is being beaten only by my niger trigger that went hardwood floor surfing for at least 45 minutes. Stiff as a board and covered in everything that my swiffer apparently did not pick up, I was about to bury him at sea when he flared his dorsal fin, so I put him in a small container of tank water, cleaned all the junk off of him, and returned him to the tank. He was out eating the next evening.
After that he began jumping out of the tank every second tuesday of the month to play poker and have a cigar with us. That was a Hell of a fish.

coralfarmer84
05/29/2006, 06:35 PM
Yea my achilles got sucked into one of my tunze streams before I left to come down here. He didn't fare so well, dying about 12 hours later. stupid fish must have drifted to close with the lights off and got stuck.
So since 12 packs seem to be working out so well, who wants to make a road trip to Florida this summer to help me unload my new tank and place it on the stand. It's only going to weigh around 800 or so pounds empty. So for a 12 pack apiece who's in :cool:

Jamokie01
05/30/2006, 01:37 AM
Thats a wicked long drive man. Am I allowed to drink the twelve pack while we drive there? lol

STACKER
05/30/2006, 05:41 AM
12 packs are only used locally... sorry!

Jamokie I have the tanks in the back of my truck, just let me know when you want it and you can come get it.

Jamokie01
05/30/2006, 09:23 AM
Awesome, thanks Stacker.
When would work for you?
Im off this evening, tommorow day, Thursday day, Friday evening, and Sunday.

coralfarmer84
05/30/2006, 11:26 AM
What about a refrigerated keg on the back of the truck for the roadtrip lol. You guys know u can't resist, its destiny.

STACKER
05/30/2006, 02:25 PM
Burp! Now all I need is free time!

Jamokie, tonite is good, my buddy is coming over to borrow my big grille and I plan to be around all night. Call my cell 330-719-3530 and I'll give you directions...

Reefer247
05/30/2006, 04:07 PM
stack let me know if you part out with the purple tang

Jamokie01
05/30/2006, 11:13 PM
Hey thanks again stacker, nice meeting you guys. Ill keep you posted on whats going on with my tank and ralphs as well. I do believe I am going to tear out my overflow and replumb everything, gonna be a huge pain.

Jamokie01
05/30/2006, 11:49 PM
Still trying to find that link but heres those pics I mentioned

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b256/Jamokie01/1557Tank_shots_330.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b256/Jamokie01/1557Tank_shots_326.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b256/Jamokie01/1557Tank_shots_268.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b256/Jamokie01/1557Tank_shots_231.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b256/Jamokie01/1557AquaScaping_025.jpg

And like I said, whenever you guys get together to do anything, let me know, if Im not working im probably down.

STACKER
05/31/2006, 07:33 AM
Sweet, that rockwork is bad to the bone. I'll let you know about any reef-geek related stuff and we'll have to shoot over to Pauls house for his tank and frag tour soon. I'm shot for about 2 weeks in a row but after that I should find some time.

Jamokie01
05/31/2006, 12:13 PM
Sounds good.

coralfarmer84
05/31/2006, 12:20 PM
whos tank is in the pictures? looks good, clean, fresh....

Jamokie01
05/31/2006, 01:26 PM
Oh its mine.

Yea I wish, I dont remember, it was someone I came across on RC in the large tank forum. IMO, the coolest aquascaping I have seen. Really airy and open, Im sure his fish love it.

Hopefully after I rid my tank of the dreaded center overflow, I can do some cool aquascaping too.

STACKER
05/31/2006, 02:58 PM
Ya, and monkeys maight fly outta my butt!

LOLOLOLOL

Jamokie01
05/31/2006, 11:26 PM
You just wait and see man, my tank is gonna blow that one out of the water. For your own sake, you better hope they are tiny spider monkeys.

STACKER
06/01/2006, 06:09 AM
LMFAO....

DeLiBoY
06/01/2006, 11:15 PM
Hey guys, whats up. I'm from Boardman, currently only have a 24G nano, but once we buy our new house in Austintown I am upgrading. Anyone got anything that would be good for me to upgrade to? I have been looking at a 40 breeder.

Stack--How good are you at making Fuges? That's going to be my sump for my new tank, once I decide on my size.

What all LFS do you guys go to? Pickings are real slim around here.

Jamokie01
06/01/2006, 11:26 PM
Welcome to all the fun.
Not much along the lines of decent LFS's here, the drive to Cleveland is pretty much the way to go. If you ever pick a day to go to some LFS's around there, Im sure there may be a couple people willing to do a carpool type deal, as long as you dont mind the smell of beer and destitude(thats all me). :)

Dale I also have a question. You mentioned a "Shop" the other day, well turns out Im going to have to build two stands (one for me, one for Ralphie boy) in the next few weeks. Im wondering what that "Shop" consists of *Cough* tablesaw? *cough* and if we are "boys" enough to let me come hang out at the ole "shop" ;).

I decided Im definitly replumbing and removing the center overflow, and Id like to put a 55gal refugium/sump underneath. Did Ryan (the one without all the aptasia) say he was getting rid of a standard 55?

DeLiBoY
06/01/2006, 11:34 PM
I was just browsing the Pittsburgh forum and they are all talking up a new place in Cranberry. Little closer than going to Cleveland.

Jamokie01
06/01/2006, 11:36 PM
The new Salty Critter?

DeLiBoY
06/01/2006, 11:38 PM
No its called Under the Sea. They say its a really great place to pick stuff up.

A side note, is 125 a good price for a used Oceanic 75 RR? Tank and stand?

DeLiBoY
06/01/2006, 11:39 PM
$150, not $125.

DeLiBoY
06/01/2006, 11:41 PM
Under the Sea
20510 Rt. 19 Suite 107
Cranberry Twp., PA 16066
(724)473-1128

Jamokie01
06/01/2006, 11:48 PM
Hmm, Id be willing to check it out, but im not gonna have any cash until I finish buying equipment for my tank in 2 or 3 weeks.

I dont think its a bad price depending on its condition, but thats not to say you cant find better around here. Check with Stacker, he usually posts in the morning. I think Ryan (again, the one without all the aptasia) has several tanks he wants to get rid of.

DeLiBoY
06/01/2006, 11:52 PM
Cool, I'll check with them. Thanks!

STACKER
06/02/2006, 05:45 AM
Delibooooy! Ya, I've made a few sumps, and fuges and designed a few others for folks her and other forums. Mine is a combo sump/fuge that has served pretty well for 2 1/2 years on my current tank.

LFS locally? LOL there is only one! Professional Aquatics. Rich is the only retailer in these parts who knows what he's talking about, especially with regard to marine species. He's moving to a bigger place over the next few weeks (I think) and will be in Downtown Girard.

Under the Sea is a nice place... not fantastic but nice. Aquatic Tech in Strongsville is REALLY nice too.

$125 sounds fair to me if that's what you want and the stand isn't a piece of cheapo pine scrap. I just gave a 72 gal bow to Ralph and an entire 72 gal. bow setup to my dad (tank/canopy/stand/pumps/heater/lights... It was a freebie and I didn't want it so I just passed it along. Same with the Ralphie tank.

Jamokie, If you can dream it up I can prolly make it. and yes, I have a table saw, mitre saw, etc, etc....... Soiunds like a Sat. or Sun. project. I'm pimped out all weekend (daughters for dinner tonight, 2 openhouses Sat., yard work Sun.) and next weekend is worse. After that I'm good! LOL

Jamokie01
06/02/2006, 08:25 AM
Yea, well Im gonna be pretty booked up this weekend and next myself, hoping the one after have at least Sunday off. So we'll see, good times. Your my boy Blue!

coralfarmer84
06/02/2006, 11:30 AM
i've been to under the sea. I was not impressed, they have a lot of drygoods, but to me nothing comes close to the salty critter, to even say that under the sea is the new critter is a smack in the face to salty critter, IMO its a decent store if you live close, but if you dont' its not worth the drive

Aquatic Tech is huge (biggest in Ohio) but the staff has no personality and almost ignores you unless your spending a bundle. And the prices are not cheap ($10.00 a pound for live rock if they pick it for you) come on now thats insane, especially when the critter has it for 6.50 same stuff maybe even nicer pieces.

I think the Salty Critter is probably the only store I've ever been to that I actually want to go to again and again, if you guys go count me in (when i get home from florida of course).

And as for having Aptasisia, its all a lie, stacks seen my tank, I have a whooping two that have not spread in two years and if you guys keep it up, I'm going to tell my mommy! :eek1:

Jamokie01
06/02/2006, 02:41 PM
When I asked if he meant the new salty critter, I was told salty critter was opening, or did open a new store, so I though thats what he was talking about.

Stack, I also wanted to check and see if you still have that extra liverock or if you are using it. I just picked mine up and it looks like Ill need a bit more.

coralfarmer84
06/02/2006, 11:29 PM
I wasn't referring to what you said, just a lot of people in PA were calling it that in general. The critter has a new store? where is it located. Any of you guys ever gone to Phishy Business? i wonder what thats like..

Jamokie01
06/02/2006, 11:40 PM
I heard that either critter or phishy business had a new store, I mix the two up frequently, and I may be wrong, you know how words spreads in this hobby, mostly BS. I have never been to phisphy business but I really want to go, as their online stuff is always awesome and reasonably priced. Not to mention they are he only store that ever carries fungia clusters, and I want a nice sized one with a bunch of babies on it.

coralfarmer84
06/02/2006, 11:44 PM
well i'd be down for a roadtrip, sometime this summer, i mean i already have enough to move 1200 miles why not get some more ehh...

Jamokie01
06/02/2006, 11:46 PM
You my friend, are a true American. Good times.

STACKER
06/03/2006, 02:40 PM
He's somethin' altright!!!

I plan to hold on to the LR for an upcoming revamp. I decided to just go ferit and throw caution to the wind. I might be able to fix you up with a couple pieces just not all of it unless you wanna pay cash money... Then all bets are off :)

DeLiBoY
06/03/2006, 03:35 PM
Anyone know someone that could build me something similar to this?

http://www.aquamartonline.com/catalog/item/2589718/2056712.htm

DeLiBoY
06/03/2006, 03:53 PM
Anyone even been to Elmer's in Monroeville? How is that place?

Jamokie01
06/03/2006, 04:01 PM
Revamp? Of your main tank? Uh oh. Well I talked to someone else last night who was selling some liverock in Cleveland, Im not sure how much Im gonna need so I may end up getting another 90lbs. Im not happy with the rock I just got, it has almost no coralline at all, but, there was a ton of it, seems like way more than 90lbs so I wont complain. I cant tell how much more Ill need till I give Ralph his half, I think I may hold onto it for a week or so for him to get it seeded better with stuff from my tank. If I dont buy more Ill hold off and see how your revamping goes and buy a little off you if you have extra.

Deliboy,

Yea, you can build it. Go out and buy a 30 gal tall tank, a bit of acrylic, and a light. Very easy to do. Lets have a DIY day and wreck Stacks shop! :)

coralfarmer84
06/04/2006, 11:41 PM
yea a DIY day sounds great. I'm in need of a sump build... next with the woodwork, as I'm building the stand and canopy for my 310 project. Tank of the month baby, tank of the month.

Jamokie01
06/05/2006, 02:49 AM
Alright were decided, Stacker were gonna come mess your shop up :).

STACKER
06/05/2006, 06:04 AM
Deliboy, that sump/fuge is just like mine. Same function with a different design (mine was made to fit the space available under my tank. Since then I've also cleaned up the finished appearance too. My fuge was the second acrylic project of my life. Now I'm well over 100. I'll need dimensions L, H and W and a sketch or pic of your stand and I'll have an idea how much acrylic is needed.

If Coralfarmer gest his doo doo together you can both save $$$ on materials as I get a quantity discount and shipping is a flat rate up to 80 lb. which is alot of 1/4" acrylic.

Bring it on Mike, I've been threatened before...... LOL

Jamokie01
06/05/2006, 01:19 PM
Well I just went and threatened my old shop teacher too ;). Boardman does a "Summer Class" in the shop, where adults come in and learn how to do stuff. Well since I built cabinets for 5 years, I dont particularly need to learn anything. He said I could just do whatever I want but he also said he doesnt know when its going ot start, may be in mid-July, and I really need to get stuff built before that. I just miss the smell of a nice piece of oak being sliced over a tablesaw. Those were the days.

STACKER
06/05/2006, 01:57 PM
Cherry or walnut... mmmmmm Cherry! (No puns intended)

I might just be able to hook you up with cabinet doors too I just happen to work for a local HUGE cabinet mfg. and one of their other vendors just happens to supply them doors..... Ehem!!!! Who da man? Daz rite! I be!!!!!! Woop!

Pine frame Gorilla glued and screwed and sealed 100%. Skin with No. 1 oak plywood, also glued and screwed. Fully mitred and biscutted corners or simple trimmed and finished. Hang doors on nice Blum hinges... valla!