PDA

View Full Version : My new 180g set up....

Mr James
05/21/2006, 04:14 PM
Hey local's, I am excited about my new 180g system. Still working out the fine tuning, but it's coming along. If anyone wants to come by for a look and critique my set-up, I'd be pleased to meet you (if I haven't already) and chat about the addiction. You can see in the pictures that I am still working on the aqua-scaping, but it is coming along. And only one MH is on at the moment.

Grant, if you read this, give me a call or come on by. Bring that one guy that has the tank that you showed me.

I do plan to host a reef club meeting here maybe even next month, (June), if anyone is interested?!?

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/7762rc_180g_new.JPG

http://reefcentral.com/gallery/data/500/7762rc_180g_sump.JPG

Mr James
05/22/2006, 09:12 PM
Not a single "addaboy" or "looks good"?? I hope this reef club hasn't dried up ot I'll be the only one at the club meetings.

Freed
05/22/2006, 09:25 PM
Hey there. You gonna set it up just like mine? Hehe

Freed
05/22/2006, 09:25 PM
Or is it already in and up like you want it?

Mr James
05/22/2006, 09:27 PM
Still working at it. Didn't you have a single 400w over the middle?? Besides, it's going to take me some time to get hte growth that I saw in your tank when I visited.

Superorb
05/22/2006, 09:34 PM
looks good. i'm actually about to put my whole 55RR up for grabs soon. starting a new job and i won't have the time i'd like to keep it up.

morganaj
05/22/2006, 09:46 PM
Looks Good!

mechagrover
05/22/2006, 09:48 PM
Looks like a great start! Any plans for what you're going to put in it?

Mr James
05/22/2006, 10:06 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7419044#post7419044 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mechagrover
Looks like a great start! Any plans for what you're going to put in it?

I am still working on the specifics. From past experience, I know some fish and corals to leave out of the system!! I am reading i a lot in the fishes forum to gain some knowledge of what can be put into a mixed reef tank. No tangs!! Maybe a Kole, but no Dory fish or other ich magnets. May try 3 - 5 Heniocus. I have always liked the six line wrasse, CBB, green chromis, once had a beautiful Signapore Angel. Always wanted to do a green bubble coral. I have done the SPS and plan to do some more. May not do the Clam thing again. Will prbably grow my own Phyto and Rotifers, that was easy and fun and saved BIG $$ on food bills. I'm open to suggestions!!

Mr James
05/22/2006, 10:08 PM
Mechagrover, I just looked at your location. You're a neighbor. Got any SW tanks up?? I have some freshwater stuff for sale if interested. Trades are good too.

mechagrover
05/22/2006, 10:59 PM
No tank here yet. My wife just got into FW (bettas, and cycling a tank for tetras right now) so it re-kindled my interest in the hobby, and I want to wait till we get out of apartment life before setting up a proper tank. Once I'm ready to start I'll be pestering ya :D

Mr James
05/23/2006, 05:50 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7419554#post7419554 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by mechagrover
Once I'm ready to start I'll be pestering ya :D

I'll look forward to it. No really!!

sloppy
05/23/2006, 10:53 AM
Mr James,
The setup looks great. Much cleaner than the way I had it setup. I hope you enjoy your new system. I'll let you know when I get my house situation under control and start a new system. I'm going through a little withdrawal only having my 90g system.
Grant

noobtank
05/23/2006, 07:20 PM
let me know if you set up a meeting in june i'll be there. im anxious to se a couple of peoples tanks in the area. i dont think im too far from everyone i live off of pj adams

SueQ
05/23/2006, 07:58 PM
Nice setup James! Are you going BB on it??
I'd be interested in coming over for a reef mtg, depending on when the meeting is in June/July-lots of family coming down then. You should send out word on the Mobile Bay Reefkeepers site about the meeting. There's a few folks from my area in that one too.

Mr James
05/27/2006, 10:52 AM
Thanks to all for the great compliments. My computer at home died and I had to resort to the library computers here on Saturday morning. My new computer will arrive on Thursday. Until then, my responses will be when I can get a chance to get to the library.

I am going to try and set up a reef club meeting in the next week or two. I wll hold it at my house and then we can go from there. I will start a new thread and we can get an idea for who wants to come.

lizfrog007
05/29/2006, 01:31 PM
good job, mr james.....would like to attend a meeting.....new and hooked on this hobby......

Mr James
06/02/2006, 10:43 AM
Hey all, I plan to host a club meeting sometime around the 17th (I think, don't have a calendar in front of me), at my house. I will post a new thread and announce it. My home computer still has not arrived (arrgghh!!) but it should get here today and be up and running by days end.