PDA

View Full Version : Koran Angel Owners

Aquarius
05/06/2002, 06:13 PM
I'm planning on adding an large angelfish to my fish only tank. What would be the easiest one to keep as far as water conditions, hardiness, appettite, agression...etc. I've researched the Koran and it sounds like a good one to try? Am I right or should I pursue a different species of Angel? If you agree with the Koran, any hints or advice you want to give me about them would be greatly appreciated. Thanx.

tendar
05/07/2002, 04:39 AM
How big of a tank are you going to put it into?
Your profile lists your largest tank as a 70 which is not big enough for any large angle. That is why I asked.

I had a Koran for a while till it started to pick at some of my corals.
It was very easy to take care of and never had any health problems with it. I had it in my 125 reef for a year. I got it as a 3" and it had reached about 6" before selling it.
I feed it a good varity of meaty foods plus angle formula and a sheet of nori a couple of days a week and soaked food in selcon daily.

hartleyhare
05/07/2002, 01:55 PM
In my experience Korans are not the toughest of angels if you want a really bomb proof Angel i`d go for a Passer or Maculosus both are indestructable in my opinion.

billsreef
05/07/2002, 11:06 PM
hartleyhare

[welcome]

billsreef
05/07/2002, 11:11 PM
I'll second hartleyhare's recomendation. Passer's and Maculosus are indeed two of the hardiest angels that I've come across. If you really like the Koran, take a look at what one looks like as an adult to be sure, than they are good choice assuming you find a healthy specimen. Remember any of the large Pomacanthus angels get quite large as adults and will need very large tanks to keep them adequately.

Pomacanthus
05/10/2002, 01:22 AM
yes,
I totally agree that both the Passer Angel from mexico, and Maculosus from Red Sea are the hardiest angels . I have a 240 gallon tank, I only house SHOW size angels. 12 in. plus.

pomacanthus:bum: