PDA

View Full Version : Got the tunze's in

coralfarmer84
05/13/2006, 08:35 PM
I just got done doing some work on the tank. First I removed the closed loop I had running so Stacker when we meet up next I'll give you the pump to look at... nothing looked clogged. (if you can fix it i'm going to use it for a return from the sump.) Hooked up both Tunzes (wanna talk about flow, the surface break is nuts), then I had too much flow so I had to remove one of the maxijets. I positioned the streams on the back of each side wall angled toward the front glass slightly and then put the one maxi mod on the back wall center to slam off the front glass pane. The result was me positioning corals for almost two hours. I couldn't get anything to stay where I had it. Finally I think everything is done, I'm exhausted. Try standing on a ladder and playing in a tank thats as tall as you are for 4 hours. what a workout.

If anyone is interested in the other maxijet mod let me know, I surely don't need it anymore. I'd even be open to trades for coral or liverock. Thanks and I'll be seeing you soon Dale.

coralfarmer84
05/13/2006, 08:40 PM
O and I did the math and figure I'm getting somewhere between 6000 to 6500 gpa pending which pulse setting the 6100 stream is on. Thats 27x turnover per hour. Gotta be careful putting my hands in there now, the undertow might suck me in :D

Jamokie01
05/13/2006, 10:44 PM
If it does can I have your stuff?

coralfarmer84
05/14/2006, 01:51 AM
ha.... what do you say to something like that?

STACKER
05/14/2006, 08:19 AM
Stuff? I'm gonna avoid that one.....

sportsguy247
05/16/2006, 01:30 AM
sounds sweet man

coralfarmer84
05/16/2006, 11:21 PM
thanks, its really unbelievable how quiet they are. I can finally sleep at night with the door open (the tank is in the room next to my bedroom). Huge difference from the pumps i was running