PDA

View Full Version : Ok, I need help, I did something stupid again.

rulesmith
05/08/2006, 11:38 PM
I was in Sacramento on Sunday, decided to go see O St. Aquarium, finally. Nice store, I liked it. I wanted to take something home. I ended up with a purple nudibranch, yep. I went home looked them up, yes cart before horse. So, now here is the problem, what do I do? Can I buy the sponge that they need? Is there any way to save this guy? I have him in my old 55 tank right now. Is he better off there or in the new 360? My oldest rock is in the 360. What can I do to correct this mistake? Any ideas? If they die are the toxic to the the 360? If so he has to stay in the 55.

Sk8r
05/09/2006, 12:14 AM
I can't imagine, unless you could lend him throughout a club to dispose of unwanted sponge growth. I don't know of any source of sponges, except a few rarer and pricier ones sold from Australia. Maybe somebody has a really big cheap one for sale that would keep him---but then if you lose him---and they're terribly susceptible to getting into filters---you're stuck with the sponge. There's no winning this one, I fear.

rulesmith
05/09/2006, 12:44 AM
I am upset both with myself for supporting this terrible practice of selling these things, that have so little chance, and at the fish store for telling me he would be fine, and ate well. The guy there, told me fine as long as you have lots of live rock.