PDA

View Full Version : Bright Red Mushroom Trouble

dhayden
05/08/2006, 05:25 PM
Been having trouble with this shroom. I put him in a cup of crushed coral for a few weeks. He finnaly attached. Doesnt look happy though. Should this guy be in the shade? I have a 20gal high with a 20k 175w MH, and 2-24w atinics. I have some blue shrooms that love the light. Cant figure this one out. He was florecent red when I bought it. Then had to chase it around the tank for a while. He dissconected and started floating.

Also what do you all feed these guys?

reefnewbie54321
05/08/2006, 05:33 PM
I dont realy get a reaction out of my shrooms when feeding them, Im not sure they do ... my rics go crazy for coral frenzy or dt's pytho.

I suggest you put him lower in the tank or in the shade, all mushrooms are different in light preferences in my experience.

graveyardworm
05/09/2006, 06:43 AM
I have purple shrooms, I started them under an overhang in a shady spot, but close enough to light that they can stretch and reach it. They love it there and have produced many babies, all of which have stayed right along the overhang. They are quite capable of moving to a more preferable spot. Also they prefer low flow.

I dont feed mine anything, but I do feed my tank quite heavily so they may be getting something from that. If they do feed its most likely on very small particles like phyto and zooplankton.

GreenBabe5
05/19/2006, 08:50 PM
My mushroom escapies i call them, i buy the mushrooms that are in LFS tanks that have come unattached and some have chosen great spots lower in the tank and one seems to like the sand and moves around a lot, he won't attach anywhere! He likes to travel! See the world ya know!