PDA

View Full Version : Clown Trigger or Picasso trigger

JIP
05/03/2002, 04:03 AM
Is it possible to keep a Clown Trigger or a Picasso trigger together with any corals?

I know the Niger trigger is almost reef safe, but is it other triggers which can be kept with leathercorals, softscorals or anemones?

EdKruzel
05/03/2002, 07:51 AM
JIP,
Certian anemones, yes... As for any corals, no.

There is always the rare exception. Almost 15yrs ago a friend ask me to nurse a tiny Clown Trigger. It got beat in his tank by a larger Balistapus undulatus and developed a bacterial infection.

The thought process was, that in my much cleaner reef tank the fish would heal.

I placed it in an old amiricle O3 acrylic container with an eggcrate bottom and suspended it in my tank.

This fish healed quickly and was ready to go home within a week or so... The day he was to be picked up I walked to the tank and noticed the eggcrate up ended.

This 1.5'' monster was loose in my established 90gal reef.
He remained there until 1995 when I broke down the tank and moved to Tx.
In all those years he never even touched a cleaner shrimp.

PLEASE (!) understand I am NOT recommending anyone to try this. I just happened to be lucky enough to own a freak of a clown trigger.
I would never attempt this on purpose.

Leave certian fish types to there respective placing in the hobby...

Good Luck
Ed

Wolverine
05/03/2002, 01:27 PM
I agree with Ed about this. You'll be lucky if you can keep a picasso with one. You should have saved your luck for the lottery if you can keep a clown trigger with one.

Go here (http://www.geocities.com/dackakarot/miscpage.html) for my explanations on which triggers can be kept in reefs (I got tired of writing it out here every week).

Dave