PDA

View Full Version : May Aquarium Trip

luminary
04/30/2002, 06:27 PM
We have arranged for the May 11th meeting to be at the St. Pete Pier aquarium. We will be meeting with someone from their education department who will give us a tour of their facilities. There is no cost for the trip, but they run their aquarium by donations, so it would be nice to give a dollar or two if you can.

If you would like to attend, please let me know ASAP. I am going to give them a tentative head count in the next day or so and a final one the day before the trip.

There are many restaraunts in the area for us to hang out at afterwards if anyone wants to.

We also still need to discuss what everyone wants for the website, if anything. I need to know what everyone is willing to contribute (in terms of working on the site, and financially supporting it).

Hope to see you there!

smpolyp
05/01/2002, 12:18 AM
Hey what happend to you guys when ORCA went to The Florida Aquarium? We need to get more organised together. We have alot of new memebers that love the hobby and would love the help of experienced aquarist. Matt we have computer junkies like yourself. Maybe we need to have potable computer on hand. Yes I'm busting your balls.

luminary
05/01/2002, 05:39 AM
I had been planning on going but something came up at the last minute...I was kinda disappointed as I was hoping to meet more of your club...One of these days I'm gonna make the trek over there for one of your meetings. I'm in kinda a wierd work status right now which unfortunately means I do contract work most weekends so it's tough to get away.

I've found it pretty amusing how many reefers are also involved in computers (at least in my area). Quite a few of our regular members work in computers in one way or another.

I would love for us to get organized together...That means that the tampa club needs to get a little more organized and we're kinda struggling right now (our last meeting only had 4 attendees). I'm really trying though...

smpolyp
05/04/2002, 12:35 AM
Nerd yeh you. I would like to say I'm a comp nerd too.,but that would be impossible. You are right there are alot of comp people. Just think how many others there are out thier that love reefs? Addicts that can't type(myself) slip throught the cracks.Let's stop talking about meeting and just do it.

luminary
05/10/2002, 07:49 PM
Just a reminder that tomorrow is our trip to the St Pete Pier Aquarium. Please plan on meeting out front of the building on the pier at around 1:45pm. There is no admission to the aquarium, but they are supported by donations (there is a donation box), so please try and give a couple dollars if you can. I'm not very familiar with the roads in downtown St. Pete, so you can go to this website for directions:
http://www.stpete-pier.com/direction.php

There's lots of parking in the area, but you may have to walk a bit.

See everyone there!

smpolyp
05/14/2002, 10:06 PM
Sorry that I'm going to miss it. Just got back from vacation and things are crazy. I do how ever want to get an annual gathering of ORCA and TBRC. How about making MACNA the first? If anyone from your club is going let us know. This way we can share hotel rooms if needed. After the last two I know from friday to sunday you get about 3-6 hours a night of sleep. The rest is all reef talk,drinking and eating.

luminary
05/15/2002, 08:16 AM
I'll ask around about MACNA and let you know...

I'd like to get the Tampa club going a little stronger before I started organizing bigger events. I'd hate to invite ORCA over for something and only have 3 or 4 Tampa people attend. We're kinda struggling right now to get people involved.

Diceman
05/30/2002, 05:11 PM
Geez, well add another computer nerd, I am a network engineer and travel quite a bit, but I am home quite a bit as well. I would live to meet the other members and join in at the meetings.