PDA

View Full Version : Will They Get Along?!

Bobby115
04/30/2002, 05:47 PM
I have an established Purple Tang and I was LOOKING into getting a Power Blue Tang... or an Achillies Tang. both are eating in the LFS, The Power Blue is bigger then the purple and the achillies is smaller.. are any of these any good to get, or is this a REALLY BAD IDEA? Ohh 72 Gallon Tank.. in there is a Long Horned Box Fish and a Hawk Fish

Ovrclckd
04/30/2002, 07:03 PM
I'd pass on either tang. Not only is there a good chance that either will not get along with your purple, most people feel that tangs like the powderblue and the achilles would appreciate a much larger tank that what you have. Also, i'll just say that both fish have a poor track record for captive survival. Bad idea? Indeed.

NF22
05/01/2002, 02:02 PM
I gave my brother my large Achillies Tang about 2 1/2 years ago. He had an established large Purple Tang in his 75 Gal Reef Tank .

They have gotton along fine no marks at all, both look amazing. I guess it is the luck of the draw, but these guys are doing great...

EdKruzel
05/02/2002, 02:45 AM
Well NF22 should have played lotto 2 1/2yrs ago, cause his is a one in a million.
Save your money and the health of your fish. Adding another tang is asking for trouble.

Ed