PDA

View Full Version : Lfs?

Tiger3147
04/26/2006, 04:16 PM
i have recently moved to crestview florida witch is less than a hour drive from pensacola. i was wondering where people go here in the panhandle. i am kinda caught between alot of towns and don't mind a drive. Just wondering where the shops are and if there are any reef clubs around.

noobtank
04/26/2006, 05:41 PM
There are two stores in fort walton which is like a 35 min drive. they are both on mary esther cutoff. one is called fish biz and the other is petland. I used to work at fish biz. Its a nice mom and pop store and the people there are very helpful. It might be a tad bit expensive though. Petland has some pretty good deals but their tanks are usually not up to par.

SueQ
04/27/2006, 06:55 AM
There's Debbie's Tropicals in Pace (~35-45min West of Crestview), then there's several in P'Cola: Waterworld, Aquaworks to name a few.

mechagrover
04/27/2006, 01:44 PM
I just hit up a ton of places in Pensacola yesterday and Waterwolrd was the nicest of all of them, with a pretty big selection of corals (although they did have some dyed FW fish :thumbdown )

noobtank
04/27/2006, 05:07 PM
yea that place does have a nice selection and the owner of that store flies to cali and hand selects them. also i do believe most of those places are within 5 mins of each other.

try to find a store that doesn't have dyed freshwater fish :)

Mr James
04/27/2006, 10:39 PM
Welcome to the area Tiger. I have only been here for 3 mos and am trying desperately to get this reef club going again. Be sure to check in often as this forum is starting to get traffic again.