PDA

View Full Version : Trade quaker parrot babies for reef equipment ?

Reefmaiden
04/29/2002, 09:43 PM
Ok, I know this is sort of an odd post; but I figured it was worth a try! :)

I raise rare mutation Quaker parrots, and was wondering if anyone would be interested in trading some reef equipment for a bird(s) - ?

I currently have:
3 - Split to Blue babies (2 male, 1 female) value = $220 each
1 - Visual Blue baby (male) value = $420
1 - Possible split to blue (male) value = $145

All babies are pulled at 2 weeks of age and handfed; which makes them very sweet pets.

I am looking for a calcium reactor, protein skimmer, and a chiller. All items need to be large enough to handle a 250 gallon tank.

The birds can be shipped, airlines only, and shipping runs about $90.00.

You can see some of my birds and more information on my webpage, Baby Beaks Aviary (http://www.babybeaksaviary.com)

Let me know if you are interested!

dvups1
04/29/2002, 10:25 PM
How big do they get? I have a 5 year old african grey. will they get along?

Reefmaiden
04/29/2002, 10:35 PM
Quaker parrots are one of the smaller parrots; they are about the size of a conure (sun conure, jenday conure, etc.)

I would not recommend putting the two of them together unsupervised, as your Grey could hurt the quaker. Quakers are fearless little birds, though, so they surely would not be afraid of a larger bird. :)

dvups1
04/29/2002, 10:44 PM
Thanks for the quick response. I guess I will leave well enough alone. I do have an A.E. Tech ETSS Gemini 750 compact downdraft skimmer that would handle your tank. It retails for $399 and requires 2 RIO 2500 pumps that retail for $59 each. I am asking $315 for the whole thing if you or someone you know is interested.

newspaperpopcorn
04/30/2002, 08:10 AM
instead of shipping the birds cant you just have them fly to my house??? i will give them directions

Reefmaiden
04/30/2002, 08:12 AM
LOL! :p They're not homing pigeons!