PDA

View Full Version : Aqua Pets

blackcows
04/22/2006, 07:21 AM
If you haven't been in AP for a while you should stop by and have a look. I hadn't been to the store for a few weeks and I stopped in yesterday and they have done a ton of work in the last few weeks. They filled up the top row of tanks that have been empty since the move and also added two very large reef tanks with a big MH light. The new tanks are bright and they have put a small school of green chromis (I think that is what they are) and the simplicity of it really struck me. There was something about the big bright tank and just seeing a few simple fish swimming around the rock structure as opposed to all of the bright fish like many of us have in our tanks. I was told that Zach, who works in the store, has been coming in early and cleaning tanks and it really shows. The tanks are clean and the store is very organized. I probably sound like an infomercial for the store but I know after the move some felt the store was disorganized and dirty but if you haven't been in there for a while you should stop and take a look.

Mike

tom obrecht
04/22/2006, 08:20 AM
I stopped in yday as well and was blown away by the new display...very nice! The concept of being able to view the tank from the side as well as the top is simple put.... cool!

blackcows
04/22/2006, 08:31 AM
I agree it is cool to view from the top but I told Dillion that I hoped he would keep some of the corals in the tanks along the wall (which he said he would). Personally when I am looking at corals to purchase I would prefer to see them in a regular tank instead of the shallow acrylic tanks that some of the stores have. It seems like you always have to squat down to get a look at something and I would prefer to see the corals in a tank that looks like mine so I will have a better idea of how they will look in mine. When I was at the store they also told me that they were going to make some of the tanks along the wall "novelty" tanks like an algae tank, live sand, etc. which I think will also be very cool.

Mike