PDA

View Full Version : Sioux Falls Area Aquarium Society Info

Lunchbucket
04/20/2006, 08:56 PM
Our Webpage (http://www.lunchbucket.org/SFAAS/SFAAS.htm)

contains contact info
meeting dates, location, time (and map)
special events registration page (http://www.lunchbucket.org/SFAAS/registration_form.htm) get added to our email list

thanks
Lunchbucket

Travis
04/21/2006, 01:09 AM
Lunch, see if you can sticky this one.:)

CHUCKSD
04/21/2006, 09:49 AM
FYI to all who may be confused on the start time..

Hey Lunch,
Please change the time to reflect between 1 - 3 PM.
It currently shows 3 as the start time..
Thanks,
CS

:)

Lunchbucket
04/21/2006, 12:07 PM
travis - i asked a mod to stickie it...not sure when they will

Chuck -?????? where does it say 3pm?? it says 1-3pm

Lunchbucket

tangdiver
04/21/2006, 01:25 PM
what is stickee....newbee asking NIMBY

Lunchbucket
04/21/2006, 01:38 PM
a sticky stays at the top no matter what

CHUCKSD
04/21/2006, 02:32 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7220605#post7220605 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Lunchbucket
travis - i asked a mod to stickie it...not sure when they will

Chuck -?????? where does it say 3pm?? it says 1-3pm

Lunchbucket

Hey Lunch,
I just now see the 1 it is to the right of 2006.
My fault in that it looked like only 3 pm was listed.

Lunchbucket
04/22/2006, 01:19 AM
hmmm...it didn't look that way eariler on my page and that is why i asked. it looks as you described now. i'm off to fix it!

thanks and sorry for the confusion
Lunchbucket

tangdiver
04/22/2006, 08:55 AM
I may be overstepping my grounds...but will try anyways...want the society to be largest in the Midwest...here is a list of past posters to our site before it became our site. Can we PM them to invite them to become part of us again...or to meetings...sound dumb? Not sure...if someone wants to please do and post here so they do not get multiple PM...or that may be good....

but here is list...

mtellin
tcaquati
31-2c
jeff23
balor
nezw001
tyler
latazyo
wademcarthur
wingod
ultrin
turf

some might be posting but went back in acchives to see who has been here...

Just a thought...

Grant:bounce1: :bounce2: :bounce1: :bounce2: :bounce1: :bounce2: :bounce1: :bounce2:

CHUCKSD
04/24/2006, 01:00 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7225367#post7225367 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tangdiver
I may be overstepping my grounds...but will try anyways...want the society to be largest in the Midwest...here is a list of past posters to our site before it became our site. Can we PM them to invite them to become part of us again...or to meetings...sound dumb? Not sure...if someone wants to please do and post here so they do not get multiple PM...or that may be good....

but here is list...

mtellin
tcaquati
31-2c
jeff23
balor
nezw001
tyler
latazyo
wademcarthur
wingod
ultrin
turf

some might be posting but went back in acchives to see who has been here...

Just a thought...

Grant:bounce1: :bounce2: :bounce1: :bounce2: :bounce1: :bounce2: :bounce1: :bounce2:

This is one of those situations where it would be nice if we had a introduction letter (I know, Spam potential) but it would help to ensure multiple people are not tagging these folks and also ensure that it gets done..

Good idea Grant for checking in with these people!

tangdiver
07/04/2006, 11:35 AM
Meeting Saturday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce1: :bounce2: :bounce3: :bounce1: :bounce2: :bounce3: :bounce1: :bounce2: :bounce3:

SD Reefman
12/26/2006, 09:52 AM
Hello new here...glad to be part of it...do not know what it is yet?

What is the Society?

What does it do?

Thanks

kau_cinta_ku
12/27/2006, 05:56 AM
[welcome]

society is just a group of ppl that love aquariums. we meet the 2nd sat. of every month at the ronning branch library and talk and learn about how to keep your aquarium healthy. along with demo's and tank tours. frag trades and so on.
http://www.siouxfallsareaaquariumsociety.com/phpBB2/

feel free to pm me if you have questions about anything

Lunchbucket
12/27/2006, 09:36 PM
welcome!!

hop on board!

Lunchbucket

creslin2
12/28/2006, 09:29 AM
Most of our traffic occurs at the SFAAS webboard now, there has been a bit of fallout with ReefCentral and some of our members. But RC still remains an excellent resource for information, we just don't utilize the board here much anymore. ;)

SD Reefman
12/28/2006, 10:13 AM
Ok will look around and see what I find. I have quite a few corals and look to thin out some SPS and add more, and move arund others. Always playing, always moving, always growing.

thanks!

Lunchbucket
12/28/2006, 11:22 PM
post pics of your tank in a new thread w/ some details on it

Lunchbucket

SD Reefman
12/29/2006, 11:30 AM
Not the greatest with pics....but will try later...

thanks for the support....

where you post pics on your tank?

creslin2
12/29/2006, 04:46 PM
many people use pic hosting on Photobucket.com

they'r simple, easy, and after you upload the pic, you just copy the link underneath the pic and paste it into the forum. (In this case, you'd use either the HTML link or the IMG link. HTML will just offer a link to your picture, and will open in another page. The IMG link will embed the pic in your post)

Other options....ReefCentral DOES have image hosting, but you are only allowed a certain size and quality per pic, and a fairly small allowance on how many pics you can have. Not much restriction with www.photobucket.com

Or you could use the albums page at www.siouxfallsareaaquariumsociety.com
Just register, then create content in the albums section. If you have difficulties there, you can msg LT Highliter in the forum section or just post that you are having problems with the albums. (only drawback there is you need to register with both the album section and seperately for the forum. It's still free both ways, just don't have the login pages connected. We're working on our webmaster to see if we can fix it)

creslin2
01/02/2007, 09:27 PM
SD Reefman--

Happy :celeb1::celeb2::celeb3: Birthday!

latazyo
02/22/2007, 10:54 PM
hi, I noticed my name on your list up there....unfortunately I wont be able to be a part of your club as you may notice from my profile I am currently kicking it down in st louis

anyways, hope all is well with the sioux falls area reefers

creslin2
03/03/2007, 03:50 AM
thanks for letting us know. Got a tank going down there yet?