PDA

View Full Version : I think I have a pair???

lime
04/27/2002, 01:35 AM
At last, I think I have a pair now. I had the first bangaii about a month ago that was with another bangaii that I thought was a pair because they hang out together at night. Frank replied that probably they are together just for the security so I decided to trade in the other 1 (took me 2 weeks to capture it). 3 days ago I introduced another cardinal and no time wasted they got together and eversince they are together day and night. Do you guys think this is a pair? The new one is always swimming behind below the other cardinal and trying to do or nip on something, is this normal? I was wondering which one is the male and which is the female. Take a wild guess, Thanks......

Sally
04/27/2002, 06:01 AM
A wild GUESS would be male on the left and female on the right. I' not sure about the "nipping". I have an established pair and although they are together 90% of the time they don't nip at each other. I have seen some playful nipping when they are spawing though.

ReefMD
04/27/2002, 10:55 AM
I agree with Sally. The male-looking Banggai is on the left and the female-looking Banggai is on the right. My pair of Banggai did the nipping thing before they spawned.
BTW, I'm at day 23 and my male is still holding his first brood. He did let one premie go about four days ago, but all the rest are still in his mouth.

Tim

Spikehs
04/27/2002, 06:33 PM
i am on day 27 and he is STILL holding on to them, has spat out a few deformed eggs with eyes a few days ago!

FMarini
04/28/2002, 09:37 PM
Hi:
looks like the correct pair activites. i suspect this time you got lucky.
My guess is that given proper time, food and water quality you'll have banggai fry soon.
I'm not gonna guess which fish is which althou i do have a strong opinion.
good luck
frank

lime
04/28/2002, 11:48 PM
Thanks Frank, I just want to hear it from the experts and experienced people here at RC. What do I have to do to help them get in to mood for breeding? Any kind of diets? Thanks.....