PDA

View Full Version : Aries70?

NYBen
04/13/2006, 05:49 PM
Hey Aries, I see you're from Plattsburgh. New Member? Great to have you. Welcome! How about a little introduction...

tanks, experience,...

Well, I'll start I guess. My name is Ben, and I kind of started our little club. I have been in the hobby about 10 months, and have a 75 gal. mixed reef, with hang on back overflows, a sump with a TurboFlotor 1000 protien skimmer, and dual PFO pendants 175W halides (soon to be 250's), each w/ 64w PC actinics.

Again, Welcome!

Sea Hunter
04/13/2006, 07:32 PM
Welcome Aries70. I'm David and from Peru. Nice to meet ya.

aries70
04/13/2006, 10:56 PM
I've got a 40 Breeder couple corals just got my first SPS from 3 guys couple weeks ago, 6 4 stripe damsels, 1 Scopas Tang, hermits, snails, emerald crab, porcilan crab, sepent star, (1) 175w 20k Halide e-ballast both coral-vue sump is a 20 gal. tall home built needle wheel skimmer, 10 gal algae scubber/fuge.
Thanks for the welcome just kidding on subject line altho I was suprised, in this day in age I shouldn't be ;)
ah ya my name is Dan

aries70
04/13/2006, 11:01 PM
this Tanks been up for little 1 yr just got back into the hobby about 3yrs ago started with 5 gal nano -> 20 Tall -> 20 Long->40 breeder I oraginally got started about '93 had 10's,15,20's, a 44 corner, and then a 75. doing much better tho this time around :) so that should answer everything now.
Dan

NYBen
04/13/2006, 11:14 PM
I check the location of every new name that enters the forum, just so I can see what kind of traffic we're getting, and was pleased to see a new Plattsburgh, so I thought I put out the welcome. :) Awesome, well once again welcome to the group. If you don't mind me asking, did you find us on yor own, see a sign at one of the pet stores, or were you refered by someone?

Ah yes, and you may have noticed... We're planning our first meeting for next month. Gary at the Autobarn has a fantastic tank (in-wall 220 gallon), and he has been gracious enough to invite us in to see it. I have several items as door prizes and I may even be raffling off a prize pack including a brand new MiniBow 5 nano tank that was donated by All-Glass Aquairums. Sound like something you'd be interested in?

Ben

aries70
04/13/2006, 11:25 PM
I originally saw something about the club at three guys, but I was up at animal house yesterday and saw the sighn and grabed a tag to check the site out. As far as the 1st meeting goes I don't usually leave my apt. much but I would be willing to attempt to attend the meeting none the less.
Dan

Sea Hunter
04/14/2006, 04:09 AM
I've seen Garys tank once before and let me tell ya its definatly a worth while visit.

gary greguire
04/14/2006, 10:30 AM
Hello & welcome.