PDA

View Full Version : Good lfs stores to go to around atl area.

-TS-Vash
04/11/2006, 10:28 PM
What store do you go to the most in the alt area? post where and how much you like it do they have good prices and what is the live stock like.

-TS-Vash
04/11/2006, 10:36 PM
I like
Aquarium showcase
Under the wave
Pet land
and The aviarium

Aquarium showcase is sweet they have a huge display tank great corals and fish i have never seen.
Under the wave is over priced but they get cool live stock like jelly fish.
Petland is good for coral but there small and the fish are way over priced
The aviarium is ok they are small to but they get good corals and live rock is cheap there they are getting better though and maybe buying the store next to them to make the saltwater area bigger.

What do you all think of these stores?

Can i get some reviews about the store in buckhead The fish store and more and cappuccino bay.

SShindell
04/12/2006, 08:14 AM
Most of the traffic for the Atlanta Reef Club is over on The Reef Tank - you might have better response there, and checking our sponsors list on the Atlanta Reef Club site.

Steve

snarkes
04/12/2006, 08:53 AM
I just started in this hobby about four months ago, but I live less than a quarter mile from The Fish Store and More. They all seem very nice and knowledgable. Everytime I have a question they take the time to answer it (most of their answers seem to match what others are saying the forums as well as what I have read so I dont think that they are constantly trying to sell me something I dont need or want). As for prices, I really couldnt tell you, being so new to the hobby. I like Aquarium showcase as well but they are further away. Anyone tried Marine Fish and Reef Store in Marietta?

-TS-Vash
04/12/2006, 09:57 AM
Yes i have they have a huge display tank with a leather toadstool that are like 2 feet wide and 1 foot tall its crazy all there corals are priced good and they have some good filters that i have only see in web sites and magazines my reef club meet there last year it was great.

-TS-Vash
10/30/2006, 02:46 PM
Update for any one that cares Aquarium showcase, Under the wave,
Pet land and The aviarium all have gone down the drain the only store that i think is any good any more is cappuccino bay.

46bfinGA
10/30/2006, 05:47 PM
hey go to marine fish(johnson ferry) or optimum aquarium(sandy plains or shallowford i believe)?they both are good as well.mainly good for fish,not the greatest for corals.but occasionally youll find some good stuff.i agree about aquarium showcase the others i havent been to.those are the only ones i go to cap bay and the two i mentioned.everything else i buy online from reefers.