PDA

View Full Version : Tank Tour and BBQ!!

tom obrecht
04/09/2006, 12:45 PM
Hello All,

I want to get the word out on our next 2 OMS events.

The next tank tour is scheduled for Friday May 19th. It will be hosted by Brad Wood. The tour will begin at 7:00PM. Directions will be emailed to all members.

We have also set a date for our first annual BBQ! The event will be Saturday, June 10th, will be at my house and will probably be a late afternoon into evening get together. Again, I will get more details to all as we get closer.

Remember that both of these are OMS member only events and if you have not yet joined and would like to do so, please email me at tkobrecht@aol.com

For those of you who did not attend Christian's tank tour I had some drawings of the t-shirt design. All seemed receptive so I plan to go ahead on this matter. When I get closer to getting these available I will let everyone know.

Make sure everyone schedules these 2 events on their calendars so we can have a great turnout!!

Thanks and see you all soon!
Tom

garvin90
04/10/2006, 06:07 PM
Sorry I missed the tank tour on Friday, can you either post imgs of the t-shirts or pm them to me?

Also since the BBQ will probably be a larger event, should we be thinking potluck?

Ray

tom obrecht
04/10/2006, 06:18 PM
Ray,

I've got everything on the BBQ already handled.

As far as the t-shirt design goes, I'll see what I can do but I would like to get things going foward on this area.

aphenes
04/25/2006, 03:34 PM
Hopefully I'll attend as well. It's a long distance, but I have a family gathering to attend.
Hope to see all!
Scott Larson

tom obrecht
04/25/2006, 04:33 PM
That would be great!! I think I speak for alot of people that it will be good to see and visit with you again!!
Tom

huskerreef
04/25/2006, 09:34 PM
com on Scott its only a 1400 miles. I'll bring you back to Omaha when I go out to AZ on business in the next couple weeks:)

pcpets
04/26/2006, 01:37 PM
Hey Scott,
Hope ypu get a chance to stop by the store and check things out. Look forward to seeing you.
Jeff Irons
Paradise Cove Pets
402-293-1050

sullyfish
04/26/2006, 02:31 PM
Scott,

great to hear from you and hope you make it out to the BBQ.

Mark Sullivan

aphenes
04/26/2006, 06:59 PM
Hey Jeff and Crew,
I will try to stop by and check out the re-invented store!
I must be honest with you, since I moved, I have been receiving mail and phone calls EVERY DAY asking me why Paradise Cove doesn't have more livestock.
As you have answered in your threads, weekly cash flow can put a damper on frequent orders. Walk in customers don't always understand how much it costs to run a business. They don't see your utility bills, rent, dry good costs, employee costs, etc..
To all walk in customers: Support your local fish stores!!!!
If you buy from them, you help them! If you mail order, you don't!
If your local fish store cost's a bit more, the quality service Joe, Dave, and Jeff will provide you will be worth the extra money.
If you put money in their pockets, they will bring in bigger and more frequent shipments!!!
I will be happy to provide you guys with any help and livestock that I can.
I am back in the hobby, and just set up a fish room for coral propagation.
I have 4 aquarium societies locally, and have access to a huge array of livestock with some great wholesale and retail suppliers.
I think that the Omaha Marine Society has the potential to increase your cash flow a ton as well. You guys at Paradise Cove just need to figure out how to get commitment from the Society members on the rare and unusual items they are seeking (ie- 1/2 down, etc.), and they will buy from you if quality product is provided.
Nice talking fish geek lingo again, and I'll keep an eye on all of you locally.

Scott Larson

huskerreef
04/26/2006, 09:44 PM
amen

nasek718
05/16/2006, 05:54 PM
I haven't received a email on events since Mitch stopped sending. I have to go to Paradise Cove to find out whats going on. Either way If at all possible I'd like to be at the event on Friday. Before I forget.....Tom I love your tank and congrats on tank of the month.

tom obrecht
05/16/2006, 08:24 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7379367#post7379367 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by nasek718
I haven't received a email on events since Mitch stopped sending. I have to go to Paradise Cove to find out whats going on. Either way If at all possible I'd like to be at the event on Friday. Before I forget.....Tom I love your tank and congrats on tank of the month.

Sent you PM

RHagemann
06/19/2006, 09:29 PM
Scott,
Dude....whats UP!! It's Rob...I use to be a customer when you were at Bellvue Pet Center and moved to Vegas in 2000? So, you're in Phoenix now? Whats a good way to get in touch other than in here? Getting ready to set up a new tank and I'd like to talk hobby with ya...

Drop me a line when ya can,
Rob