PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Deals

D-Rod
04/06/2006, 02:24 PM
Hello, i'm new to all of this but i have done alot of reading and asked questions at many LFS, i will be ready to get a 24g Aqua- pod Nano soon. up here in SLO North County i'ts very $$$ not the type of money i want to spend. i travel up & down central coast Santa Barbara to Santa Cruz so going to other LFS is not a problem any good ones out there that i should check out, i could do all my shopping Via Computer if needed.
i also travel to So. Cal (O.C.)5 to 6 times a year.

any help would be great!

D-Rod

Brewen
04/07/2006, 12:30 AM
What are you looking to stock it with, corals, fish. Sometime the tank is the cheap part, after the live rock live sand livestock etc. Like I said the tank is the cheap part. It is a great hobby have fun

D-Rod
04/07/2006, 10:12 AM
I plan on fish & some corals over time i'll stock it slow since it's my first. The LFS wants $400 for an aquapod the 24 g w/2 x 32w, the sandard basic one w/compacts i could understand if it was modded or had Halide's, on the web it's alot less. but i rather pick one up to avoid possable damage and to make sure no cracks & lights work in the shop.

Thanks

Brewen
04/07/2006, 03:49 PM
Depending on how long your willing to wait. You can find some great deals here, people getting out of the hobby.you might have to drive to socal for it. The first tank I bought was through e-bay it was an 80 gal 100lbs live rock canister filter uv light and Hamilton 175 mh set up for 400 dollars. I did have to drive to pick up but an awesome deal. Not picking on LFS I do business with them as much as I can but there are better deals online or in used items. JMO

D-Rod
04/08/2006, 01:38 PM
Thanks.
This helps in my decision making.

cougaraug
04/10/2006, 12:52 AM
yup, got to wait around. I picked up a 75, stand, 4X96PC, Remora pro w/ mag3, RODI, Prizm skimmer, 100# LR and a bunch of other crap for $500.
As Far as LFS go, I like Aquatc Adventures in SLO- pretty decent prices, friendly staff, and they give good store credit for frags.