PDA

View Full Version : pink and black cuc.

TWINPEAKS
04/03/2006, 02:02 PM
My pink and black cuc. seems to have puked his insides out ,I though that I read somewhere that this species will not poison the tank.I removed the guts and it seems to be still alive should I remove it or see if it regenerates and lives?

DrBDC
04/03/2006, 03:28 PM
They will regenerate but do you know what stressed it out? A hermit maybe? They are big no-no's with cukes as they can literally pick on them until they stress out.

TWINPEAKS
04/03/2006, 05:26 PM
I have hermits and have had almost as long as the cuc.1 1/2/years.The only thing i can think of is I had a kalk overdose that raised the ph to 8.9 but did a water change and lights out.The next morning it was back to 8.3 also the power outage last night.

DrBDC
04/03/2006, 06:24 PM
I also have a couple hermits and have never seen them interested in the cucumber but it keeps me a little worried since I read in Shimek's book about not mixing them. A high pH would def. stress them out though.

Letmegrow
04/03/2006, 06:54 PM
8.9 That will make a cuke puke, it happens. No biggie.

You can leave it in there and hope for a recovery, it is obvious when they die completely, I would then remove the remains quickly.

TWINPEAKS
04/04/2006, 08:50 AM
I t seems to be doing great considering it just spit its guts out ,eating like nothing happened at all.Wish I could do that to get rid of something I ate that BAD.

rgpennell
04/08/2006, 10:42 PM
I'd just love to be able to puke up about 20lbs from around my mid-section. Can I borrow the cuke to teach me? :lol: