PDA

View Full Version : Wow what a day

Im Lon 2
04/02/2006, 10:47 PM
That storm that rip through here knocked the power out of this area for 5 hours.. Went out to get a Car converter, then went through the house trying to find all the extension cords I could fine. went to plug the Powerhead, and heater up and PUFF the power kicks back on..

Does anyone know how much a backup generator would cost to run certain things or even the whole house?

jimmyleg
04/02/2006, 10:54 PM
Try www.northerntool.com (http://www.northerntool.com) for whole house and portable generators; I bought one from Home Depot, they have a decent selection of portables as well.

Arsenal11
04/02/2006, 11:00 PM
Lonnie, Installed one at the kennel we built in Alahambra Ill for my dad, one to run a entire house that is either natural gas or propane was $3500 for the Gen & elect. panel that hooks into your existing service panel + around $600 for the elect. hook up, Home Depot would not deliver it unless you had a Permit from the county we were in for the elect hook up. Sounds like alot but i am considering one for here, would hate to lose 4k in livestock from a long term outage, plus if the power goes out it kicks on automaticly, would be nice for any outage, powers up to a 200amp service.

Letmegrow
04/02/2006, 11:35 PM
I saw birds being splatterd into the pavement while driving home from work, THAT was crazy.