PDA

View Full Version : Glasses and googles?

DKKA
04/23/2002, 11:23 AM
I should be snorkeling in the Bahamas in a few weeks and I'd like to actually be able to see while I'm under water. Will I be able to wear my glasses under the googles? Or do I need special googles? It seems silly to get contacts just so I can go snorkeling, but I might if that's what I need to do.
Thanks,
Dan

billsreef
04/23/2002, 11:05 PM
Sadly glasses do not fit under a mask. If you are mildly nearsighted the magnification effect will be enough to allow you to see well without the glasses. However, if you sight is worse you will want some sort of correction. I actually used to silicone glue in the lenses from an old pair of glasses. This actually works fairly well if your on a budget. The best is to actually buy a mask with corrected lenses from a good dive shop. This will likely run around $100-$150 but is well worth while if you going to be doing this with any regularity.

DKKA
04/24/2002, 09:43 PM
Bill - thanks for the response. Unfortunatly, it is doubtful I will be snorkeling, or diving with any regularity (at least not until the kids get older.) So, it looks like I should probably give contacts another stab.
Dan

ic_spotz
04/27/2002, 07:50 AM
There's a lens that you can buy according to your perscription that sticks to the inside of your mask. Check
www.diversdirect.com

Scott