PDA

View Full Version : Maxi Jet Mod?

reefrubble
04/02/2006, 12:35 PM
Anyone in the area tried the Maxi Jet Stream Mod? I would like to know where you got your props. Oh,and how do you like the Mod? Ted

guntercb
04/02/2006, 04:01 PM
Ted,

I assume you are talking about the mod where you attach an airplane prop and use it to push a larger stream of water?

I did the mod where you cut where the water exits from the Maxi jet. When the maxi jet starts up it can spin in either direction. So if you cut off where the water exits and you hook it to a wave maker, some time the water goes one direction and the other time the water goes the other direction. This I know works well. I don't use a wave maker, I just unplug and plug in my maxi jet every few days to alter the currents.

Hope all is well. I am curious to see if anyone locally has done the mods you speak of.

Cheers,
Chris

reefrubble
04/02/2006, 06:50 PM
Chris, It's the mod where they use an RC boat prop. I'm going to do the mod,and I wanted to find a local place to get the props. Ted

adnup
04/02/2006, 08:07 PM
Ted,
I have a couple of 1200's and a couple of 900's I could do that mod to. So if we're gonna order them we should do it as a group and save some shipping...
Paul

guntercb
04/02/2006, 08:31 PM
Ted,

That is cool. I have not seen the RC Boat prop, but I did see the threads on using RC Plane Props. But probuably both work well.

Keep us posted if you do it.

Cheers,
Chris

reefrubble
04/02/2006, 08:48 PM
Sounds good to me Paul.

Chris,I will keep everyone up to date. Ted

reefrubble
04/03/2006, 05:02 AM
I just ordered eight of the 1.75 Dumas props from Towerhobbies.
I also ordered some of the .098 carbon fiber rod,to make the shafts. I can't wait to get started. This is one great mod. This is not my idea,I wish it was. If anyone wants to do this mod,go to the DIY forum,and read the Maxi Jet Stream Mod. It's the one by dhnguyen. ( The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Maxi Jet stream mod)

AJ69
08/29/2006, 12:22 PM
Ted,
you got pm.
AJ