PDA

View Full Version : Tank for sale

Tat2demon
04/02/2006, 02:51 AM
Well after visiting Grant today and talking about many things, I have decided to sell my 65 Gal. setup and upgrade quite a ways.

I have had it for about 5 years. The canopy was added about 3 weeks ago or so. It has been setup as a salt tank the entire time. Never sat dry.

Tank, pine stand and canopy $225. Lights, rock, fish ect not included.

Heres a couple pics I just took. I will try to get some better ones up in the next day or so. Pay no attention to the messy house. Its uhh, distortion from the camera, yeah thats it. :p

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a192/Tat2demon/DSC00387.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a192/Tat2demon/DSC00385.jpg

Nate

tangdiver
04/02/2006, 11:32 AM
Very nice in the light...instead of glowing paradise...very nice price and cheaper than new ever thought to be...just courius what are the dementions? How high...and such on tank...stand...canopy...

Grant

Tat2demon
04/02/2006, 12:43 PM
Well the these pics were taken at about 3 this morning so the lights are. I assure you they are quite bright. :P All that green and brown is a beautful algea outbreak I got after I put in the the new VHO setup.

The tank itself is 36x24x18

The stand is 36x28x18

From the floor to the top of the hood is 57 in tall.

Lunchbucket
04/02/2006, 01:57 PM
cool...what you going to upgrade to?

Lunchbucket

Tat2demon
04/02/2006, 02:09 PM
One of Grants 8' 125 Gal acrylics. :D

It will be a work in progress for a while. My aunts husband is HUGE into wood working so after I build the stand and hood frame Im goin to have him finish it up for me.

I am hoping to find a cheap new or used 55 gal for a sump so I can work on getting that part together.

I will be using my current Icecap 660 balast. Im not sure if I want to pick up another balast and run 8 4 foot bulbs or use my balast and pick up a couple MHs.

When this all starts coming together I will be needing a lot of advice. :)

Nate

Travis
04/02/2006, 02:33 PM
Sweet! I love those 8 footers that Grant is selling. The 8 foot length will allow you to keep a nice variety of fish, while giving them plenty of linear swimming room.:)

kau_cinta_ku
04/03/2006, 12:24 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7095551#post7095551 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Tat2demon
One of Grants 8' 125 Gal acrylics. :D

It will be a work in progress for a while. My aunts husband is HUGE into wood working so after I build the stand and hood frame Im goin to have him finish it up for me.

I am hoping to find a cheap new or used 55 gal for a sump so I can work on getting that part together.

I will be using my current Icecap 660 balast. Im not sure if I want to pick up another balast and run 8 4 foot bulbs or use my balast and pick up a couple MHs.

When this all starts coming together I will be needing a lot of advice. :)

Nate

hey Nate it was nice meeting you at Grant's today.

i agree you will really love the new tank alot of room for goodies. what kind of lighting you plan on running?

creslin2
04/03/2006, 02:14 AM
is the cat in the first pic for sale too? :lol:
wife saw it and got a huge smile. (just kidding, we already have 1 cat, and he eats more than his share, takes too much time and lovin' as is....sheesh what a cow.) :spin3:

creslin2
04/10/2006, 05:37 PM
So I picked up Nate's 65g tank, and it's sitting dormant in my office right now (taking up most of the floor space....need to find a corner to put that thing). Thinking about growing apple snails in it just for fun. I don't really have any of the gear to run a good tank with it right now (no lights, no heater, and a penguin HOT filter rated for 50g tank) gotta get some of that stuff so I can do anything with it at all, but I don't really want to drop lots of $$$ in setting up a reef, and I don't have alot of room either. So it'll most likely remain FW in my care while I still live in an apartment.

Ideally, I'd like to turn it into a godly planted tank, but I'm a fair ways away from being able to do that. So thinking about things to do with it in the meantime. Suggestions welcome. (unless Grant wants to hassle me about setting up a reef.:p )

creslin2
04/10/2006, 06:38 PM
er, not just apple snails. Gold apple snails. ;)