PDA

View Full Version : Meeting Reminder

Aquatic Aquaman
03/30/2006, 12:22 PM
This is a reminder that our meeting is being held this Sunday April 2nd at 6pm at the Hot Sizzling Wok. If you plan on attending please send me a PM so I can get a head count. If your new and want directions please also contact me by sending a PM.

Thanks,
-Scott

Aquatic Aquaman
03/30/2006, 03:57 PM
Bump

Aquatic Aquaman
03/31/2006, 12:03 PM
Bump

Dubbin1
04/03/2006, 01:34 PM
So how did the meeting go?

Aquatic Aquaman
04/03/2006, 03:30 PM
Very good as usual. Got plenty of good ideas and feedback to move forward with. Are you subscribed to our NewsLetter List? I'll be sending out Meeting Minutes hopefully sometime soon when I get a few mins of free time from work and life in general.

Dubbin1
04/03/2006, 03:57 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7102971#post7102971 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Aquatic Aquaman
Very good as usual.

From what I hear the last one didn't have a very good turnout. I was just wondering if this one had a bigger turnout.

Dubbin1
04/05/2006, 05:12 PM
Scott I am trying to figure out if it would be worth my time to drive up there for a meeting. If there is only a couple people showing up then it would not be worth my time. If you could please answer my question I sure would appreciate it.

Aquatic Aquaman
04/05/2006, 07:19 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7118645#post7118645 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Dubbin1
Scott I am trying to figure out if it would be worth my time to drive up there for a meeting. If there is only a couple people showing up then it would not be worth my time. If you could please answer my question I sure would appreciate it.

Sorry, I work and have limited time to post. We have around 10 - 15 people currently in the club. They show up randomly because of babysitting issues or Kids being sick. We're trying to meet somewhere for our future meetings at a Kid friendly environment to get maximum people to show up. I have people weekly emailing me about wanting to attend meetings and we tend to get at least one new person a week to show up. We're looking to meet at the zoo sometime soon and that should bring a big turn out.

Dubbin1
04/05/2006, 08:39 PM
So you are having 10-15 people show up for each meeting? What I am asking is how many people showed up at the last meeting. We have around 30 members but not all are going to show up to the meeting sunday. I'm guessing that we will have 15-20 members show up sunday.

jenghes
04/06/2006, 07:13 AM
Scott -

What happened at the meeting? I have not seen minutes for this one or the one prior. Just wondering where the club is going?

Aquatic Aquaman
04/06/2006, 08:32 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7120170#post7120170 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Dubbin1
So you are having 10-15 people show up for each meeting? What I am asking is how many people showed up at the last meeting. We have around 30 members but not all are going to show up to the meeting sunday. I'm guessing that we will have 15-20 members show up sunday.

At the last meeting we had 9.

Aquatic Aquaman
04/06/2006, 08:34 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7122291#post7122291 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jenghes
Scott -

What happened at the meeting? I have not seen minutes for this one or the one prior. Just wondering where the club is going?

Maybe if you showed up you'd know whats going on. ;)

I've been really busy with work I haven't had time to write up the minutes. I'll try to get them out some time soon hopefully. I also need to update the webpage as well. Its hard to get everything up and going when you only have 2 people working on things and working extra hours at work.

jenghes
04/06/2006, 08:42 AM
Sorry, things came up and I could not make it. I have been to half of the meetings, just could not make the last two.

I thought that your appointed secretary was doing the minutes? Why are you writing them?

I guess that I have given you no help. I am quickly losing interest from the lack of appreciation. I am willing to help with whatever is needed.

Dubbin1
04/06/2006, 09:04 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7122570#post7122570 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Aquatic Aquaman
At the last meeting we had 9.

Now that would be worth a trip up there. I'm just not sure about the Hot Sizzling Wok :D

Aquatic Aquaman
04/06/2006, 10:14 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7122623#post7122623 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jenghes
Sorry, things came up and I could not make it. I have been to half of the meetings, just could not make the last two.

I thought that your appointed secretary was doing the minutes? Why are you writing them?

I guess that I have given you no help. I am quickly losing interest from the lack of appreciation. I am willing to help with whatever is needed.

I have the minutes on notebook paper which I would like to type up neatly in some nice format then PDF it and send it as a official newsletter. But I'm running low on time and so is my secretary since my secretary is busy trying to graduate from college in the next 6 weeks, writing a bunch of papers and holding a part time job. We'll get them done eventually.

Jen, I'm sorry you feel under appreciated. We missed you at the meeting. We're just trying to get things moving so we can get the club off the ground and I was just trying to push them along. You were doing some good work for us and I really appreciate it and so does everyone else. I hope you can make it to the next meeting.

Thanks,
-Scott

Aquatic Aquaman
04/06/2006, 10:17 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7122726#post7122726 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Dubbin1
Now that would be worth a trip up there. I'm just not sure about the Hot Sizzling Wok :D

lol yeah everyone is kind of getting sick of Chineese thats why we're looking for a more convient place for everyone, and with a lot of people with Kids the Zoo seems like a great place to meet. It seems to be working well for other clubs meeting at the Zoo. How's the Zoo work for you Dubbin?

We've found that trying to meet at someone's house fails 90% of the time do to family constraints or emergency things coming up.

Dubbin1
04/06/2006, 04:02 PM
Having a meeting at the zoo really does not do anything for me. You have no control on the weather and it could turn into a mess in a hurry. Maybe I will drop in on one of your meetings sometime but I think I'm going to hold off for now. Once you get things in order then maybe it would be worth the trip. Did you guys have a vote yet on who's going to be in what position in the club?

Don't worry Jen, we can keep you busy if you want :D

Aquatic Aquaman
04/08/2006, 07:44 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7125430#post7125430 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Dubbin1
Having a meeting at the zoo really does not do anything for me. You have no control on the weather and it could turn into a mess in a hurry. Maybe I will drop in on one of your meetings sometime but I think I'm going to hold off for now. Once you get things in order then maybe it would be worth the trip. Did you guys have a vote yet on who's going to be in what position in the club?

Don't worry Jen, we can keep you busy if you want :D

The meetings wouldn't take place out side they would be inside in a room somewhere so the only weather hindering time is walking from you car to the meeting place but you would have that anywhere. Granted it would be just a little bit futher of a walk but thats what they make Umbrellas for.

As for the voting we have not had any votes. Right now we have no By-Laws that state how positions are formed. We are just appointing people to positions on the willingness to help, show up to the meetings, and believing in what we are doing until the by-laws are finished, Non-Profit goes through, and we can hold a quorum.