PDA

View Full Version : chicago area looking in santa barbara

craftytony
03/29/2006, 02:45 PM
hey guys, i'm in the chicago area and have family in santa barbara. Soooo, i was just wondering if you could help me out and let me know the good places i need to visit whenever i'm in town!.....any help would be awesome...thanks!
tony

Brewen
03/29/2006, 07:55 PM
Hey craftytony there is a small shop in Goleta the "Ocean Floor". Its a small shop and just getting sps section going has a selection of lps. It is in the home depot/ cosco shoping center. There is another shop on De La Vina st in Santa Barbara. It changed owners about 2 years ago use to be a very nice shop. Now it has gone down hill very quickly unless your into buying algae. There was a 3d shop that went out of business so sad.
I work in the Santa Barbara area daily and it is to bad there is no real med to big size reef store there. I live an hour north my lfs can get me what I need or my other outlet is online order. About every month n half I make it to So Cal always make it to a shop or two there where the slections are awesome.
Hope this helps and have a safe trip to CA.

craftytony
03/30/2006, 09:36 AM
thank you so much...! looks like i may have to look around LA also...thanks

wakesetter
04/06/2006, 06:38 PM
there is a great new store in Ventura, about 30 minutes south of SB. I forget the name of it but I think it is aquatic village. Very well put together store. I think it is better than the ocean floor which is expensive and understocked when I have been there.

D-Rod
04/14/2006, 11:34 PM
Atlantis Aquariums 3208 State Street, Santa Barbara (considered upper state 1/2 block up from De La Vina right hand side) 805-275 4516 salt & fresh and equipt.
good selection of sps & lps and fish
good size store. I only had 5 minutes between customer appointments so i can't really give an evaulation on prices. very clean, look well stocked.

D-Rod

wakesetter
04/15/2006, 09:37 AM
last time I was in Atlantis I was anything but impressed, but that was shortly after opening so maybe it has improved. I did wonder about the real knowledge of the owner though and I did talk to him for a while.