PDA

View Full Version : silly question

HaleyM
03/28/2006, 01:16 AM
Hello all,
I have a pretty stupid question... oh well, here goes...

I have a yellow watchman goby. A while back I bought him a little pistol shrimp buddy, I believe it was a randalli. I was in the hopes they would set up house together. When I moved into a bigger tank several weeks ago, I couldn't even find the pistol shrimp and counted him as lost. Well when moving around some rocks last week I found him under one of the rocks. He moved towards a rock that my watchman hangs out around, but one week later, still no luck seeing the two shacking up together.

So the question.... How can I encourage the pair to become friends or I guess how do I get them to meet? Are the randalli and the yellow watchman compatible?

I have been playing Marvin Gaye's "Let's get it on" and some Barry White albums for them but I am not getting reaction, what am I doing wrong??

Thanks -- Haley

jwalters103
03/28/2006, 01:23 AM
try al green's "lets stay together" then go back to the marvin gaye for "sexual healing", then move back into the barry white

sirreal63
03/28/2006, 07:38 AM
Could be they are both male so you may want to try letting them watch BrokeBack Mountain and see if that is the problem.

Shooter7
03/28/2006, 07:53 AM
That's what I love about this place, helpful responses made with careful consideration and heavily reinforced with scientific research. :lol:

zt444a
03/28/2006, 08:24 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7058335#post7058335 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Shooter7
That's what I love about this place, helpful responses made with careful consideration and heavily reinforced with scientific research. :lol:

And political correctness... Feels like love is in the air

DrBDC
03/28/2006, 10:25 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7058287#post7058287 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by sirreal63
Could be they are both male so you may want to try letting them watch BrokeBack Mountain and see if that is the problem.

That or depending on thier music tastes, they may enjoy the Village People or Queen. If they're both female try some Gloria Estafan(sp?)

capncapo
03/28/2006, 10:47 AM
Whatever happened to good old fashioned alcohol?

Start dosing vodka and let nature take its course!

ramtheory
03/28/2006, 11:42 AM
sometimes for what ever reason they just don't match up. I have a pistol shrimp that loves to hide in the holes of the live rock. It has two watchmans to choose from. I don't think there is any good tune that will make them match up patients and luck is key.