PDA

View Full Version : How often do you feed your banggers

Sally
04/21/2002, 07:03 PM
Frank: I have two 30 gallon breeders tanks with about 40 banggers in each tank. One tank has bangaii that are two months old and the other two week olds.. I have been feeding the two month olds prepared foods about 5 times a day in order to keep them growing and healthy. I also have some corals frags growing in the tank also. Today some of the corals looked droopy so I checked for ammonia ..and sure enough it was high! The fish seem to be doing well though . In the other tank there are about 40 two week old banggers and the father (seperated) . I checked for ammonia on that tank and it was high too, although all the babies are doing well and eating. The two week olds are still on baby Brine. I had been doing a 3 gallon water change on each tank every three days and have skimmers on both. I was very alarmed at the ammonia rate ( i had no idea) and it has gotten me worried. I did a 20% water change on each tank today. Should I continue to do a 20% water change each day (till there is no detectable ammonia) or is that too much? How often did you change water in your breeders tanks and how much (%)? And lastly, how often and how much did you feed your babies (at two weeks and two months) ?. I am beginning to think I have been feeding them too much and fouling the water. I do have several peppermint shrimp in each tank for clean up of uneaten food. These tanks have been up and running for several months now. Just last week I sold a brood and have someone waiting to buy the two month old ones when they reach four months, so I want to keep them healthy. Thanks so much for any help. I've very worried about this ammonia.