PDA

View Full Version : banggai cardinals

ricky1
04/21/2002, 08:50 AM
:) I HAVE JUST BOUGHT TWO BANGGAI CARDINALS.THER SEEMS TO BE A SLIGHT DIFFERENCE IN THE JAW LINE BUT I'M NOT SURE . I WANT TO BREED THESE BEAUTIFUL LITTLE FISH .BUT I'M NOT SURE IF THEY ARE A PAIR OR NOT. THE FISH SHOW NO AGGRESSION TO EACH OTHER IS IT POSSIABLE FOR THESE FISH STILL TO BE OF THE SAME SEX AND GET ON AS GOOD AS THEY ARE DOING.WHAT SHOULD I DO .DO I BUY AN OTHER PAIR AND PUT THEM IN TANK AND WAIT TILL THEY PAIR OFF AND THEN REMOVE THE OTHER PAIR .
THANK YOU TO ANYONE WHO ANSWER THIS QUESTION.

ReefMD
04/21/2002, 09:05 AM
You could have two females, or a male/female pair. Were they together at the store you purchased them from?
How about posting a picture or two and we can all make a SWAG (scientific wild-*** guess).
I thought that I had two females until my male started carrying eggs. Of note, I was almost certain that he was the female of the pair.

Tim

ricky1
04/21/2002, 09:14 AM
YES BOTH FISH WERE IN THE SAME TANK ALONG WITH AN OTHER TWO BANGGAI'S.I FORGOT TO MENTION THAT THE FISH ARE ABOUT 1.5 INCHES LONG IN THE BODY.I'M SORRY BUT I DON'T HAVE A DIGI CAMERA TO SUPPLY THE PHOTO'S ( I KNOW I NEED TO GET ONE ) BUT THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT.

RICKY

Wild Card-inal
04/21/2002, 10:42 AM
There IS a chance they are still to young to be aggressive towards each other.

Guy
04/21/2002, 08:42 PM
Ricky,

I'd just wait it out and observe their behavior for a few months. What are you feeding them?

ps. As a favor, could you turn off your caps-lock key. Your posts are difficult to read.