PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Southdown

richo
04/21/2002, 08:21 AM
I am considering an entire breakdown of my 110 here in July or so in order to modify my home electricals, incorporate a chiller, redo aquascaping with new rock, and replace sump. While doing this I would like to replace my crappy DSB with some southdown. My research through RC has concluded that I have a choice of purchasing it through a company called AES industries directly in Ft. Pierce or I can have it mailed to me directly from this company for $10 a bag + shipping.

http://www.justphish.com/index.htm

For now, since I only need about 250-300lbs, I am considering the online purchase but I may consider a trip down to Ft. Pierce if anyone else is interested in making it worth my efforts.

I am also wondering if anyone has some of this stuff laying around that they would like to sell as I would rather avoid the trip down south and the online shipping if possible. - R

Bubba
04/21/2002, 09:59 AM
I have a couple bags. $30 for both and I'm in Orlando.

richo
04/21/2002, 10:26 AM
Bubba, If I can get 5 bags for that price (about $15 each) here in Orlando then I will probably avoid a trip down to Ft. Pierce. Maybe some more people in ORCA have a few more bags. I will get back to you. Otherwise I am going down there an pick up about 1000lbs or so, even if I have to rent a truck. - R

smpolyp
04/30/2002, 11:25 PM
We just scored son sand a few months ago. John Clemens (Anative) should have some left. If not I think Goby (Mike Vigg.)has some also. We have raffled off a few bags in the past few meetings. I think I got a 25 lb bag for $10. I will try and make sure we have some for mays meeting if you would like?