PDA

View Full Version : water pressure and typhoon III ro/di

tetra9999
03/26/2006, 11:27 AM
how do you find out how high your water pressure is? I was thinking about getting a new ro/di unit with autoshut off. It said you need a minium of 40psi. Does anyone have the typhoon III ro/di unit? How does the autoshut off actually work? And can it be used in place of an autotop off unit?

ramtheory
03/26/2006, 12:11 PM
most RO/DI units use an automatic shut-off valve "asov". The valve shuts off the input water flow when a valve closes or shuts off the output. Basically when a float valve or any valve for the matter closes creating back pressure the asov triggers to shut down the input. I have the Typhoon III with all the bells and whistles and it works great no problems. The pressure gauge usually shows anywhere between 55 - 60 psi when in use.

I wouldn't recommend using it as an auto top off unless you have a good float valve the kent heavy duty model has failed more than once for me with pressure leaks. Great for the bucket DIY way. The float valve airwaterice sells works great.

ramtheory
03/26/2006, 12:19 PM
forgot to mention I like having the pressure gauge because you can tell that the automatic shut-off valve is actually working because it will show 0 psi :thumbsup: