PDA

View Full Version : Passer Angel Question

Convict Tang
04/30/2000, 12:50 AM
A customer of mine got a Passar Angel for his 125 gallon tank. The only thing in his tank are damsels which he doesn't mind losing or giving back to the store. He wanted to know if the Passar Angel was aggressive (I said Very Aggressive), what it could be compatible with (I said mostly aggressive fish, i.e. triggers), what corals it eat since he wants to keep some kind of corals in the tank (I told him Passer's generally are coral eating, but I didn't know if it didn't eat certain kinds), what food was good for it (Formula 1,2, Sponge, Spirula,...), and how big it got (about 12 inches).

Was this information okay? If anyone could tell me more about this fish, please do because we ordered 2 more to come into our store and want to know more information so we don't rip off any customers with false information. Thanks again.

Stark
04/30/2000, 06:04 AM
In my limited experience, your information was right on. I owned a juvenile passer before I switched over to reef. It was surprisingly aggressive, making repeated rushes at a similar sized foxface. The rabbitfish quickly taught the angel to leave it alone with its spines-up postering.
This fish would eat just about anything,and I certainly wasn't going take any risks with it in a reef setting, so unfortunatly I can't suggest any corals that it won't bother( I'm guessing its a real short list)!
On a positive note, passers are very hardy, a great first angel for those who want to try their hand at keeping one.