PDA

View Full Version : Hi

Pallan
03/25/2006, 02:46 PM
Well i've finnaly found my way here. Been into salt water and setup for just under a year now. Started with a 45 gallon garage sale find in april 2005 and have moved up to 75 gallon tank as of Jan. 2006.
Ive not been to a meeting or to grants yet but look forward to both some time soon.
health wise my tanks doing fine but equipment wise im behind and need to start upgrading stuff.
need to learn how to set up a sump/refuge and get some more live rock is whats in the works now.

hope to see you all soon.

Lunchbucket
03/25/2006, 08:29 PM
[welcome]

glad to see you found your way here. what you looking into doing w/ that 75gal? what equipment you need? a lot of us have stuff laying around that we could sell out if needed

hope to see you at the meeting(s)
Lunchbucket

Pallan
03/25/2006, 11:20 PM
currently im running a ehiem pro canister and a hot magnum with a cpr backpack skimmer and coral life 260 watt PC lights
inhabitants are some red and a purple firefish, royal gramma, enginneer goby, yellow tang and a powder brown tang, 1 cleaner shrimp, and assorted snails and crabs
1 two headed frog spawn, some stripped mushrooms, and some brown zoos

i want to upgrade to a 20+ gallon sump/fuge with in sump skimmer, return pump and overflows to feed it. I also am in need of alot more live rock 10 dollars a pound is just a killer bill to pay for rock so that has held me back

all my equipment was bought before i ever heard of a sump/fuge thought i was doing it right and really it has not been bad just i dont like the look of all that equipment in the display, and i know it is the cause of my not being able to get my nitrates below 10.

hoping to be able to start upgrading in the next month or two when ive freed up some cash.

CHUCKSD
03/26/2006, 12:36 AM
Glad to have you on board!
See if you can make the next meeting as Lunch says we all have a bunch of stuff that could be useful to you...
Chuck

Pallan
03/26/2006, 11:01 AM
figured out the gallery. some quick morning pics of what i currently have

ewaldm
03/27/2006, 07:16 PM
The frogspawn looks great. Hope to see you soon?

tangdiver
04/05/2006, 07:26 AM
Welcome, again I look forward in meeting you on Tuesday...nice pics...

Grant

Pallan
04/05/2006, 09:25 PM
thanks everyone. hope to see you all soon at the meeting.