PDA

View Full Version : Green Carpet anemone

lookout888
03/25/2006, 09:31 AM
Ok sorry for all the questions. I got a green carpet anemone and it was doing great. I feed him and he eats the food right up. For the first 3 days he was getting situated under a rock in the front of the tank. Now he has moved behind all my rocks in the back of the tank. I can barley see him yet feed him. Any ideas on what to do to get him to come back out, I really do not want to move all my rock around. From what I can see he still looks really good. Nice color and not shriveled up. I will try to get him some food today (don’t know how)

Thanks for any advice.

Mike

Bugs825
03/25/2006, 11:49 AM
Mine decied to attach under my rock work, causing one to fall on his head. :D

He has now moved in the corner but has never moved into the shadows. Thats wierd. Yours might be moving because something is not right with the water. Have you added Iodine? (Let the arrows fly) I did and mine flushed out nicely the nedt day. Just a thought.

Nathan

Agu
03/25/2006, 07:48 PM
[top]

The only arrow in my quiver ;) . I don't dose anything unless I'm willing and able to test for it. That's why I only dose kalk .........

Anemones are known to wander, esp when first introduced to a tank. You need to cover every pump/powerhead intake or you're likely end up with anemone puree. In the meantime let it move and don't worry about feeding it.

lookout888
03/26/2006, 09:25 AM
Thanks you. I will see what happons

Mike

lookout888
04/07/2006, 04:38 PM
ok any idea he came out from the back of the tank but only a few inch he is still completly under the rocks ( all shade) but now today he has shrivled up i can still see some green and pink but he like almost flat. The only 2 things i could think of is 1) the rock could hace fallen on him when he was moving his footing ( i dont notice any of the rocks moved but still could have moved down a bit) if this is so should i move my rock and see what i can do. or 2) he has not gotten any light for this whole time. should i move him out into the light?

Thanks all for the help

Mike

lookout888
04/07/2006, 06:22 PM
http://lookout888.com/fish/anemone.jpg

I was thinking that maybe the rock slid alittle and he can not get out. I put a silver slider on him and he is eating it so he is still alive. if i need to move this rock i will have to take down 80% of my rock what are the chances this is the problem?

Mike