PDA

View Full Version : Holy Crap

zt444a
03/24/2006, 09:25 AM
I missed some of the thread that lead up to the booting (Trottie don't worry this isn't bad about you), but apparently after giving some heated opinions about the rock situation that Trottman was involved in, THEY BANNED CHAD FARMER!!!

***?!? Opinionated he might be, but that is kind of cheap I think.

DARKSILENTTYPE
03/24/2006, 09:32 AM
I just don't understand why they didn't do anything about the other person that is using this site to sell stolen goods . I know pawn shops aren't allowed to sell stolen property so why is it allowed here .

Shooter7
03/24/2006, 09:34 AM
Chad, find a way to come back. I'm going to miss the equipment commentary. :(

trottman
03/24/2006, 09:40 AM
i think that they both got banned?

there is a thread going on in seasl howard.. you might want to check it out if you are interested.

zt444a
03/24/2006, 10:04 AM
I saw it Matt, and I read some. I think it is a crapy thing to do to anyone (banning), for any reason short of threatening you with physical harm and or harassment.

If you did not realize the situation, you purchased something and now could not get your money back even if you wanted to!!! It is a lesson learned...

On the Chad side of things, having an opinion on a subject should not get you banned. This was, or so I thought, a forum for the discussion of ideas and opinions. On a local forum site no less, someone was banned for posting his opinions on the methods by which another local reefer was doing business.

Peole have to realize the thing about opinions is everyone has them. You do not have to believe or follow someones advice, without investigating yourself first. If you do (take an opinion as fact without investigating), I think that makes you an easy mark, small minded, etc.

If you don't like what someone says, move on, but they are entitled to whatever opinions they have, and there is still something called freedom of speech. Where is Rob when we need a good lawyer?!?

Markk96
03/24/2006, 10:14 AM
I understand everyones frustration with the situation, but it's RC's policy not to talk about why someone was banned.

If you need to, PM a MOD or Staff Member, they will not tell you why he was band, but will remind you of RC's Policy.

[ua]

zt444a
03/24/2006, 10:30 AM
Ok Mark,

I have gone over the User Agreement link you provided. I see nowhere on there restricting what we discuss, in the event it is not abusive, profane, harrassing, etc.

And nothing specifically about discussing any subject which interests local reefers, specifically why one well known member has been banned.

Did I miss it?:confused:

DARKSILENTTYPE
03/24/2006, 10:38 AM
So I guess the Mods will shut this thread down too

Because people think this is a horse $*@$

The problem is that the person in question ( selling stolen property ) wasn't dealt with by the Mods when he should have been . IF this would have been done then Chap would still be here .

zt444a
03/24/2006, 10:41 AM
I just PM'd hurley about that very subject. They allow one thing in a thread that went on long ago. Never locked or deleted it until it was a huge thread and everyone knew about "the tank."

So now someone has an opinion and it is locked, the are banned, etc. To my knowledge, Chad never threatened anyone.

beerguy
03/24/2006, 10:43 AM
Banning is the only tool that we have to get someone's attention when other methods have failed. This matter is between the moderating staff and Chad. Whether it's a temporary or permanent thing is entirely up to how he responds during those conversations.

Threads like this only serve to sour the process.