PDA

View Full Version : First order with THE REEF STOP and the last

spongebobby
03/22/2006, 07:06 PM
Well I ordered something from The Reef Stop thinking that maybe i would recieve a little better shipping times. Well now I wished I would have just gone through DR. F&S. Here is the story

I ordered a Salifert Nitrate test kit, Seachem Adv. Calc., Seachem reef builder, and Ecosytem additive. That is all. Well I ordered Sun. night (19th). Just recieved my shipping info last night at 7:30. I paid 13.00 for shipping, well guess when the scheduled shipping date is? The fricking 28th of March. I thought this guy was local and why is my stuff shipping all the way from California? I needed this stuff so i thought that it would at least get here by Thurs. at the latest. Not real happy with my first sale with this company. Feel for what I ordered and what I paid in shipping I should recieve my package alot sooner but instead they made a profit off shipping charges and shipped it the slowest possible way. I was getting ready to order some Ushio bulbs from him but I will be looking elsewhere after this. Sorry just had to vent.....

dphins
03/22/2006, 07:08 PM
Did you pm him about your situation?

ramtheory
03/22/2006, 07:09 PM
It was dropped shipped and many companies do it. all about the price and I can wait. Most of the time your order won't ship until everything is in stock. Did you email Reef Stop and see what happened?

If you need something quick try premium aquatics. If I can wait I like sending the local guy the business so eventually they will be able to have everything in stock. Mark is good about customer service send him an email or PM.

spongebobby
03/22/2006, 07:14 PM
He should be emailing me telling me what happened not the other way around and giving me the decision if I want to still order. For instance

Hey I don't have any of the items you ordered and it will take 9 days for you to get them do you still want them.

Dr. F&S let you know something is not in stock at checkout why can't this place?????

PM him ????? Who is he? Would it help? Probably not, already in transit.

ramtheory
03/22/2006, 07:18 PM
FWIW you are giving him feedback now so hope things go smoothly for the next guy. When I purchased from the reefstop I was in contact with Mark and asked him when stuff will ship and if everything was in stock. Plus he worked with me to see if I was actually wanting a specific part. I can feel your pain once you order something it just doesn't seem to get here fast enough.

spongebobby
03/22/2006, 07:19 PM
Yep

Lost His Marbles Name
03/22/2006, 08:00 PM
I thought we couldn't bash any LFS or internet store.

spongebobby
03/22/2006, 08:13 PM
I don't see it as a bash just a FYI. Plus i thought that was just LFS not online vendors.....They have a vendor experinces thread here on RC....Your probably right though I should have just posted there. Like Ramstheory said this is more of a "idea to improve" online ordering from there.

If a particular item is not in stock show it when you checkout. I was under the assumption that everything was there and that I would recieve it faster than 9 days. That is all. I'm not bashing just relaying my experience. I probably should have called him and spoke directly to him for my first order.

It just stinks to order something and think your getting it and finding out that it's gonna be another week till you do.

Markk96
03/22/2006, 08:20 PM
Robert you have an email.

Mark

sirreal63
03/22/2006, 08:37 PM
I have several transactions with The Reef Stop and everyone was perfectly smooth.

spongebobby
03/22/2006, 08:54 PM
I am partly to blame here on this one. At the time I ordered I was not aware that he dropped shipped his items. I should have read the policies of the store. The Reef Stop has great customer service and I look forward to dealing with them in the future.

Please disregard all the post's above this one made by a "Hot Headed Consumer" who didn't take the time to read before ordering.

Sorry everyone... I will go stick my head in the dirt now..

Nanook
03/22/2006, 10:09 PM
Glad it worked out for you. I have known Mark for a few years now and know that he would bend over backwards to make things right. He is a man of integrity.

dave

Mykayel
03/22/2006, 10:10 PM
I ordered from him and he didn't have the heater in stock. He emailed me the next day asking if I wanted to wait for it or should he send the order in two shipments. I opted to wait, I had to check up a couple of times as it took a while to get the heater in, hopefully I'll get my order tommorow. But I agree with you that it would be best if a company stated on their site that something is out of stock so there isn't any confusion to begin with.

trottman
03/22/2006, 10:16 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7018433#post7018433 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by spongebobby
I am partly to blame here on this one. At the time I ordered I was not aware that he dropped shipped his items. I should have read the policies of the store. The Reef Stop has great customer service and I look forward to dealing with them in the future.

Please disregard all the post's above this one made by a "Hot Headed Consumer" who didn't take the time to read before ordering.

Sorry everyone... I will go stick my head in the dirt now..

or shall we burn you at the stake?:smokin:

ramtheory
03/22/2006, 11:13 PM
Robert don't feel bad you were speaking about your experience and we gave you feedback. :D No worries.

Dert42
03/23/2006, 09:56 AM
i for one like hearing about experiences with this or that store.
but to not offend, sticking to the facts can't get anyone in trouble. :)

Lost His Marbles Name
03/25/2006, 11:39 AM
I been ordering more and more from the reef stop I haven't had a problem yet.

geoxman
03/25/2006, 09:53 PM
I paid double on my dry goods order to have it faxed to me and I never received the order via fax. It did come UPS though. Just make sure not to have your order faxed to you-just shipped. I do like thereefstop and have an order to be placed on Monday.

spongebobby
03/27/2006, 06:41 PM
Well I recieved my order today. To my disappointment the Salifert Nitrate test kit was not in there. UGH.....:(

trottman
03/27/2006, 06:50 PM
that might have been faxed :(

Letmegrow
03/27/2006, 07:44 PM
lol

Shooter7
03/27/2006, 07:46 PM
Wondering about the controller order? :confused:

spongebobby
03/28/2006, 07:31 PM
Said they were scheduled to arrive to him later in the week(last week). They arrived yesterday. Sent me a tracking number last night for the item and I just checked it and the USPS website says it doesn't exist granted this is 24 hrs. later since I recieved the tracking number. This is my last post on this matter. Sorry things worked out the way they did.

Markk96
03/28/2006, 08:20 PM
Since you went public, I have been emailing you and kept you updated.

Kinetic
03/28/2006, 08:25 PM
I've had awesome experience with The Reef Stop so far! I joined the AC III group buy, and everytime I pestered him about the group buy he patiently answered every email promptly! I guess I've had great experiences thus so far with a very responsive and helpful customer service.